Honored Contributor

Re: I may have sciatica!

[ Edited ]

@hckynut 

Short version is I tripped over my own feet, went flying , hip  hit leg of table as I fell, head hit floor, glasses broke and gash on forehead.  Excruciating pain, lots of blood.  

Eventually called 911 and EMS too me to hospital where I remained 3days. Tests and observation.  I had option  of staying for therapy or leaving to see my own doctors,.

Hospital had my medical history and were aware of my situation, all my tests back to the 90s.  

@hckynut wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I’m really in good shape. Takes me a bit longer to get around but I CAN manage really well. I’ve managed with arthritis since 2006 so this really isn’t that big a deal. I’m going out for a walk a bit later."

@ALRATIBA 

Wasn't able to find the story about your fall. I'm a little confused here. " I'm really in good shape"  and takes a bit longer to get around. 

Just wondering! Always interested in the "why" of falls, even my own, especially if I am not ice skating, but just walking somewhere. I have been a "Klutz" all my life, but don't remember ever "just falling down". Taken some bad tumbles(these not while ice skating), but I always know what caused me to fall.

Glad you seem to be getting along better.

hckynut

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Believe me, if you have sciatic pain, you know it!

I've been flat on my back with severe sciatic pain since 5/20.  Had MRI.  Neurosurgeon says no surgeon intervention can help, so had epidural, which was a joke.  I'm past the 6 month point, which usually means I have an impingement.  Because I have hardware at L5-S1, believe the impingement to be around that area, but a CT scan cannot be done, due to creating artifact.  I'm between the devil and the deep blue see.  Nothing can be done...

Be happy, very happy, if you have low level pain.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative 

Pain is being managed with cold packs, naproxen and exercise.  

Been in this situation before and therapy/exercise, cold packs and meds works for me.  This situation is a bit different in that it's related to a fall and the CAUSE of pain needs to be resolved.  But in the  meantime, we are managing the pain.

Trusted Contributor

If you have sciatica, you will know.  I had it several years ago and it took over 4 months to go away.