Valued Contributor

Re: I have a hiatal hernia, the pain can be excruciating...

@Graciesmom

I can sense your frustration. It's so hard to get multiple doctors on the same page. Hang in there until you are satisfied you feel comfortable with the final plan. Thanks for the update please keep us informed.

Valued Contributor

Graciesmom, I can only imagine how you must have been scared out of your wits when you had to have part of your lung removed, I know I would have been terrified of my future, all because I've had asthma my entire life (60) years now so I know the difficulties of breathing or not having the ability to breathe, you sure are one strong and brave woman. 

My appointment to meet with this new surgeon is on July 10th, that was the earliest date I could get so meanwhile I hope and pray I don't experience anymore problems until he can fix me up, providing he feels I'm a candidate for surgery, who knows, he might see all my records, and tests and feel "Oh this is something you can live with", I hope not, I want myself fixed however they can. mentally I'm ready. 

My breast cancer surgery, the 2nd time around was 13 hours long in the operating room,  5 days in the hospital, I survived by the grace of God, apparently he still wants me down here. 

I believe we can manage to get through this stuff too, prayers are with you, keep us in touch please. 

Valued Contributor

@Graciesmom

If you can do an enclosed MRI you've got this down.

Valued Contributor

@gulf coast girl

With what you have already indured I think you are strong and will get through anything.

Valued Contributor

@Graciesmom@gulf coast girl@hckynut

I have been wondering how you were all doing with the hiatal hernias.Did anyone have the surgery. I hope you are all well.