Respected Contributor

Re: I go get my first Covid vaccine shot today

We got our first injection yesterday at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. We were in and out in 45 minutes. My appointment wasn't until February 23, but I brought my confirmation email and there were no problems. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I've know a few people here in the Phoenix area that have taken their spouse or elderly parent to their appointment and even though the other person (usually the driver) doesn't have an appointment  and if they fit the criteria or are close to it they can go ahead and get the shot with them. Don't know if it's that way everywhere.

In NJ, no appointment - no vaccine.  

They did tell people that just showed up to come back after a certain time to see if perhaps they did have any left over from no shows.

Respected Contributor

Wishing you the best today, @SeaMaiden .

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Hubs has gotten both; no ill effects noted.  Hopefully it works!  (of course we think it will).  I'll get one when I can.

O/T:  I had my first shingles vaccine recently and was sick for 24 hours.  Worth it, though.  I've had shingles.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Was it Pfizer or Moderna?  My second Moderna shot is on Feb.24, and I'm a little nervous about side effects.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags , it was the Moderna vaccine.  He's been fine, and it's been some weeks.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:  Back from getting my shot.  It was at my local hospital just 5 minutes away where I go for my personal healthcare so that was nice and convenient.  I received the Pfizer instead of the Moderna vaccine as I was previously told I would get. Do not think that really matters.  

It was a very nicely planned NOT crowded  visit...in two rooms. Check in...fill out a form...then take firm to another desk give insurance info etc... then wait a bit to go into the "shot " room, ( to keep the amount of people low in that room.... several nurse stations there to give out shots. And really nice people working there.  And last, chairs spaced out 12 feet to sit for 15 minutes to see how you feel. 

It was just a very pleasant well organized experience.  And being a Sunday very few people so less chance of getting the Covid while there.   I go back in a month for my second shot.

More good news  is that early this morning I got my husband an appointment at our local Safeway Pharmacy  here on Presidents' Day a week from tomorrow!   Every morning I spend  hours just scanning sites over and over ...and then suddenly there was  an opening!  You just have to be diligent and constantly scan the sites. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Sweetbay magnolia .  That's great to hear!

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@shoesnbags , it was the Moderna vaccine.  He's been fine, and it's been some weeks.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett