Honored Contributor

Re: I am speehless about this price

This is precisely why people pay a lot of money to have dental insurance.Most would pay at least half of this for you.

You'll have to pay up this time - or just get the tooth pulled and do without if you can't afford it. If I were you - I'd look into insurance.

My DH is an Elk and we buy our dental insurance thru the Elks. $50/month each. It is met life.

Honored Contributor

Gread advise about your states dental college's.  Also, shop around there are many, many dentists out there that will not try to rip you off.  Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Before our Pittsburgh dentist retired last year when we went home each summer we would still go to him. We would tell him about the rip off dentists we found here in Fl. He said the best protection you have against this is dental insurance because the insurance requires them to send in x rays to prove the need for what ever procedure before they agree to pay for it. Now our dear friend and dentist has retired & as yet , we haven't found one locally in Florida. 

Respected Contributor

Prices do vary according to the part of the country you are in, but so does rent and malpractice equipment and lab fees.

One thing you must remember is that if you have dental work that involves having anything made at a lab (crown, implants, denture, bridge, bite splint) that probably half of the money you are paying goes to the dental lab.

Trusted Contributor

The past 2 1/2 months, I have needed a new crown in front (managed to crack it) and then yesterday one of my older crowns in the back was removed. The dentist removed the cavity and built up the post and I’ll go back for the permanent crown in 2 weeks. Our bill after insurance was $1,600.00. I don’t know what we’d do without Care Credit.