Respected Contributor

Re: Help Please - Ring Stuck on Swollen Finger

@alright. @haddon9What a freak thing for you, glad you got it off  The same thing happened to me many years ago, only it was my lovely wide wedding band, made especially for me, engraved with flowers etc. Well, my DH finally cut it off. What a relief, but I never got it fixed. Looking at it now in my jewelery box, I wonder how I ever got it on in the first plsce. LOL I was much thinner then.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@BunSnoop - were you able to get it off?

@CelticCrafter  I’ve wondered and care how @BunSnoop is getting along, too. I think because someone questioned the validity of her story, therefore prompting her to take a picture of her hand—which were then both deleted—I think I’d be a little offended by it all. 

Honored Contributor

That was unfortunate. I think it upset her a great deal. Accusing someone of lying is very harsh treatment

Respected Contributor

I certainly understand being hurt or offended by being accused of making up stories. But these doubters are usually in the minority. What I do not understand is how a few negative responses completely outweigh all the helpful ones. 

I see this time and time again.

Respected Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter  I’ve wondered and care how @BunSnoop is getting along, too. I think because someone questioned the validity of her story, therefore prompting her to take a picture of her hand—which were then both deleted—I think I’d be a little offended by it all. 

I think her original picture was unintentionally deleted because the post was quoted in a nasty post that was deleted. Seems the software they use sometimes grabs a little too much when things are deleted. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I think her original picture was unintentionally deleted because the post was quoted in a nasty post that was deleted. Seems the software they use sometimes grabs a little too much when things are deleted. 

That may be.  The first was deleted with the reason being “unkind.” Then the next one with her hand had a separate reason, which was “argumentative.”  Maybe if her post included the offending post, just that part could have been deleted.  She went to the trouble to take the picture of her hand and include it here, just to be deleted and labeled as argumentative.

I do hope her finger is doing better. 

Honored Contributor

Use ice in a bag for a couple of minutes to bring the swelling down. Not more than a few minutes because you can damage your skin. Raise your hand up by propping your arm and elbow on a couple of pillows. Soap or oil up the finger and then try to slide the ring off. 

Frequent Contributor

Try spraying ring and finger with windex . My ring was stuck and a jewler told me to do it and it worked , GOOD LUCK

Trusted Contributor

Looking at everyone's stories about keeping their rings on for more than 30 years is so sweet to me.  I feel like a real odd ball.  In the 20 years since hubby proposed I have only slept with that ring on a handful of times.  My fingers always swell up at night so I got in the habit of taking mine off.  I had my ring sized up at one point but still take it off every day and some days I don't wear it at all.

Super Contributor

This may be too late, but I just read on Yahoo this am that one of the uses for WD40 is to remove rings that won't come off. Just spray it and carefully start trying to move it. 

Hope all is well at this point.