Super Contributor

Has anyone gotten their presciptions through a Canadian Pharmacy?

[ Edited ]

Or anyway to get discounts on prescriptions that anyone is aware of?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten their presciptions through a Canadian Pharmacy?

YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

With great savings?  Also name brand? 

@Mz iMac wrote:

YUP!

Honored Contributor

One of my migraine meds is $400 a spray!  Candian pharmacy - $15.00 for a box of 12.

Sidebar: 

I have great insurance.  I have not used a CP since I retired yrs ago.  But I still check them out from time to time "just for that peace of mind cause you'll never know....."

Contributor

I get mine from Canada a lot. Quite a price reduction but just lately their prices have gone up also. I do not have any problem with the meds or the mail.

Honored Contributor

Our insurance won't give my DH his diabetes meds as they aren't in the formulary so he has to buy them out of pocket andn he gets them from Canada Pharmacy at a huge discount. 

I needed Voltarin Gel and my insurance would not pay for it so I had to pay cash - over $60 a tube here and it is OTC in Canada - $12 including shipping. When our Canadian neighbors come down to their Florida home they bring me a couple tubes so I even save the S&H and it is only $10.

Just one more reason we NEED universal health care in this country.

Honored Contributor

@stargazergal

Where I live there are a lot of "senior" & or retirement communities. 

Most if not all run so called bus trips to Canada every 3-6 months.  These trips are actually to get the meds their communities needs for folks who have none or minimal rx coverage.

You should also contact your local Social Service Agency to see if your state offers discounted/free rx programs.  Most states do.

Contact the drug manufacturer to see if they have a discounted/free program.  Most of them do.

Also, check out the following link:  Needy Meds

GOOD LUCK!

Valued Contributor

Just got back from British Columbia. I was able to get my insulin over the counter at such a considerable savings it made the trip worthwhile. Although this time I went up with relatives who live there and came back home to Wash. state with other relatives. I do have what I call old peoples ins. but did not want to hit the donut hole as it would cost about 400 dollars for my prescrition. The full price for 2 boxes of five pens here without ins. is $1200. 2 boxes in B.C. at a Walmart pharmacy was $120. Unbelieveable. I will drive up and get more in Sept. IT is only 200 miles to the border or I will have family bring it down when they come. No prescrition is needed. Way to go!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of the Canadian pharmacies have a list of their drugs and prices online.  You can check to see how much you'd save.  You still need a prescription, unlike Mexico which is a free-for-all and the quality questionable.

You can actually get the Voltaren that 151949, describes at Walmart in Canada but it's more like $17/tube, not $12.  I use it daily and get it from a Canadian pharmacy.  It's wonderful for arthritis.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949  You never respond to notifications so I don't know if you'll bother to read this.  I did some research tonight on the Voltaren Gel.  The price at most places has gone sky-high and many places are requiring a script.  I found one place selling it for $12, but it's only a 30g tube. Another place had decent prices but required a script, which is just a pain to keep up and mail internationally.

For 5 or 6 years, I've been buying it fromPharmacyMix.com. I get a 150g tube for $23.  They are the only place that sells it in extra strength which is 100g for $23.  I ordered it once and couldn't tell much difference.  You do have to pay S&H but I always get about 6 tubes at a time to save on the shipping.  A friend and I often combine our orders.  It takes 7-10 days to get it.

Just wanted to let you know so maybe you can save a few pennies. ☺

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment