Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED THIS?

Bone pain seems to be the worst kind of pain.  

I broke and dislocated my wrist 6 months ago and dealing with complications that still might require surgery.  

When I was in severe pain, I took Tylenol and used crushed ice packs on the top and underneath my wrist.  

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Just had an idea, can you get disability from your work place (s)?

Broke my ankle last year and had the tingling and pain afterwards too, noticed it mostly when I was overworking the ankle.

Wore the brace when I needed it even after 6 months periodically and my ankle bone healed quickly in 5 weeks.

Respected Contributor

may be osteoarthritis along with nerves healing.

the nerves have to "marry" after i had my cervical fusion, as i healed my neck spasms were excruciating.  then after a couple months my right hand and wrist would seize up and vibrate. maybe it was muscle spasms.

the surgeon could not help me, referred me to a neurologist.  by this time we were in thick of the pandemic so a long wait for an appt.   for some reason when i went out of state to stay w my Mom my condition cleared up!  DH thinks it was because of the way i sat in my recliner?!?  because i was hyperextending my neck and shoulder.   but i do think arthritis was a factor.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

As some of you know,I broke my wrist in Dec.My cast came off 2 wks ago and now at night I am being woke up with horrible tingling and pain in my arm.The Dr wrote a script for this,but the side effects make me so sleepy.I had a horrible time working the next day.Most of the nights I wear my splint,which seems to help but not all the time.Please forgive me if I've spoke about this before,but this situation is getting worse.I think someone suggested I rub IceyHot on it.I have a medicated patch I use.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.I work all day today,so will try to respond tonight.

@Luvsmyfam 

I know I mentioned this before, but I'm such a huge fan of topical pain relievers because you can use them and take less pain pills.

Get a roll-on bottle of unscented Aspercreme or Salon Pas with lidocaine.  I prefer the roll ons because creams leave you with excess on your hands.  

I find that the lidocaine roll-ons reduce pain by about 35-40% which I personally consider to be "substantial".   

Respected Contributor

I use a topical pain reliever called "blue stop" I get at walmart online, it is amazing!

Honored Contributor

can you put a pillow under it off and on?  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Yes I've called the Dr and she said yes drowsiness is common in this medication

Can you ask her what else she can recommend?