Honored Contributor

Re: Going for Anti-depressant medicine tomorrow. Any advice?

For a natural antidepressant, which works for three to four hours after eating, try a large portion of salmon. It works, but not for long.

Honored Contributor

I hope things improve for you. It seems we all have ebbs and flows in life and sometimes we all need a little help.

It is impossible to suggest a med that would be good for you. I might take one and it would be great for me, but terrible for you and vice versa. The doctor will assess your age, medical condition, other medications you are taking, etc. He will then judge what med he thinks will be the best for you. Even at that, sometimes it is a trial and error process, so don't be discouraged if the first one does not work well for you or even makes you ill. Also, a some medications take a while to even out, so you need to give them time.

Best wishes and hope you find some relief.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

By the way, I was a care-giver, too. Took care if both my parents who were paralyzed and completely unable to care for themselves. They had many medical problems and I cared for them for many years. I understand you and I wish you the very best.