Honored Contributor

Re: Do you buy vitamins for your husband?

I agree, Nightowlz. It is difficult, if not impossible.

Honored Contributor

My late husband wouldn't even take his prescription medicine. Notice: I said ""late"".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Mine doesn't believe in them either. ""We need to eat more leafy greens and whole foods!"" is his response when I bring them up. So I just take my stuff and leave him be. At least he does take his medicine.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I buy a trio of vitamins, minerals and omegas, and I'm always reminding DH to take his, otherwise on his own, he won't .
Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 Azcowgirl said: I buy a trio of vitamins, minerals and omegas, and I'm always reminding DH to take his, otherwise on his own, he won't .

I think that's common.

Frankly, if someone doesn't want to take them, I wouldn't bother trying to make him. There's no conclusive evidence that they do or do not work. Take them if they make you feel better, but I see no need to push them on others without evidence.

Respected Contributor

On 5/14/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 5/14/2014 Azcowgirl said: I buy a trio of vitamins, minerals and omegas, and I'm always reminding DH to take his, otherwise on his own, he won't .

I think that's common.

Frankly, if someone doesn't want to take them, I wouldn't bother trying to make him. There's no conclusive evidence that they do or do not work. Take them if they make you feel better, but I see no need to push them on others without evidence.

He claims to feel better when he takes them. Me too. I don't think I would get enough nutrients from food alone, I'm a light eater.I choose healthy foods, but no where near the rec. amount of servings per day. I'd be a blimp if I did eat the rec. servings !!!
Super Contributor

He buys and takes Centrum for Men.

Respected Contributor

I buy vitamins for him, but he doesn't take them like he should.

Valued Contributor

No, b/c he won't take them. My pressuring him to do something has never worked. He knows the health areas that he needs to improve upon. He is at a healthy weight and eats very well, usually. I can't force him. I can only *mildly* suggest.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 5/14/2014 willdob3 said:

I agree, Nightowlz. It is difficult, if not impossible.

I got him adult gummy vitamins and he not only takes them, he loves them. Who would have guessed? He said it's a "treat" he looks forward to and he takes them when he takes his prescription meds.

As for getting vitamins from food versus pills, I'm all for that but when that was happening, people's life expectancy wasn't nearly what it is now. Maybe, especially baby and children's vitamins, has helped in that respect.