Frequent Contributor

There is no cure for diabetes. It doesn't just go away but it can go into remission. This is another scam as usual.

Honored Contributor

If you are interested in this topic, you might want to google Gabriel Cousins MD and watch the film he made regarding reversing diabetes....the journey of a few people who visited his place in AZ and followed his protocol. Very enlightening.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2015 violann said:
On 3/26/2015 ncascade said:

Violann: If you eat fruit you are not totally sugar free. There is a lot of sugar in fruit.

I am also on insulin and am careful as to what I eat.

Vegetarian also

That's true, ncascade. When I said "added sugar", I meant the sweetener that is spooned on or shoveled on. Berries and green apples and grapefruit are among the lower sugar fruits, and the benefits of consuming them outweighs the risk. sidsmom I eat nuts and a small amount of olive oil, so I am consuming what are considered healthy fats, and I believe that they work fine for me. All of my blood testing is NOW in the normal range. I wanted to add, this works well FOR ME, and I know I am very lucky. I took Metformin for a while before I cleaned up my eating habits, and mty blood sugar levels didn't get much better than without it. For many years my diet staple was sugar. I've lost 85 pounds. No one should do what I did without being closely connected to expert medical advice.

Wow! You're doing great! I also eat healthy fats for my brain health..coconut oil, almond butter and olive. I can eat apples, kiwi and pear in SMALL amounts, lol. Its hard to be good! Losing 85 pounds and going vegetarian is a big deal and you should feel great about all you've accomplished! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}Metformin didn't work for me either! After several years of eating by my meter, I KNOW what I can eat. I did have a chocolate treat the other day and I paid for it..But, sometimes you just have too!{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Sending hugs to you Violann!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West