Esteemed Contributor

Midnight Shadow, I don't know when you might read this. I just saw this thread, and like some others, much of what you say I could have written myself. You have been given many good suggestions, and I hope you are making progress toward feeling better.

I've tried to read all the posts, but I may have missed it... has anyone suggested that you admit to your family how sick you are? It just gets too hard to hide it sometimes, and I believe that one of the best things you could do for your recovery would be to talk with your family and be honest with them about just how bad you feel. You might be surprised at how much just lifting that weight off your shoulders could help you. The pressure you feel to constantly hide it and do everything to keep up appearances is so totally draining. You need the love and support of your family, but they can't help you unless they know the truth.

I know how hard it is to admit it to them, but it does NOT make you a failure, which comes as a natural feeling to a lot of people who have these problems. You can't help being sick any more than someone with heart disease can. I hope you're feeling somewhat better since the holidays are just about over... it can be a very bad time. I look forward to your next post to see how you're doing.

ETA: I just wanted you to know that I totally understand about your fear of meds and bad reactions to them... it's a major problem for me and I'm sure for others. That just makes this harder to treat, but it doesn't make it impossible, so keep trying.