Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you tell if a person is mentally impaired by how and what they write?

@LilacTree

@LilacTree wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I believe sometimes, without a doubt, you can.

I really hope you are ok @LilacTree. I'm concerned.

@happycat

Please don't be concerned.  I'm fine.  Sometimes I'm unsure of myself and that's when I post here and get some honest opinions which alleviate my doubts.  I think we all do that, don't we?  That's what's so good about this venue. 

Yes, @LilacTree I think we all do that. I know I do.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree ~ sending you a hug for all day Heart

I despise statin drugs. My husband had been on Lipitor for over 1 year and had a few ( certainly nothing he ever experienced in his life) side effects.

I took him off immediately when he had severe cramping of the legs, instead put him on the same diet I am on. His levels are premo. DIET is everything. 

Also, taking his B/P everyday, then I can know (without any bloodwork) ..almost.. ` how healthy he actually is. He and I actually stay away from anything TOXIC.  He does do many outside -this that and the other, but nothing like he used to. Very healthy as I might know, at this time.

That >  being people, news - and focus on positive uncomplicated everyday events. I am reading now, the AMJ is coming out with a new set of facts: blood pressures higher than 120/80 is becoming so much higher -with more people; AMJ's feedbacks are strongly seeing more patients with other health problems that ARE increasing one's blood pressure. I know life style is "A" definite ONE. Emotional stress is increasing at an alarming rate. I eat only some fish -Tilapia and wild caught salmon, adding all frozen vegetables. A very small amt. of any breads.

130/90 is NOT the acceptable, as it was 8 years ago. Forget the 140/ 90, also- leading up to heart, strokes and unbelievable diabetes / disease.

No sugars, no salts, no processed anything. We are killing ourselves by leaps and bounds.

The obesity rate is at an all time high. Comfort Foods.

Excuse the bunched up sentences, the QVC Internet is jumping and refuses to let me space.  Strange how different time slots, posting, is easier..depending on what time. Must be a lot of shopping and /or the moderators, THAT I do KNOW!

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

I despise statin drugs. My husband had been on Lipitor for over 1 year and had a few ( certainly nothing he ever experienced in his life) side effects.

I took him off immediately when he had severe cramping of the legs, instead put him on the same diet I am on. His levels are premo. DIET is everything. 

Also, taking his B/P everyday, then I can know (without any bloodwork) ..almost.. ` how healthy he actually is. He and I actually stay away from anything TOXIC.  He does do many outside -this that and the other, but nothing like he used to. Very healthy as I might know, at this time.

That >  being people, news - and focus on positive uncomplicated everyday events. I am reading now, the AMJ is coming out with a new set of facts: blood pressures higher than 120/80 is becoming so much higher -with more people; AMJ's feedbacks are strongly seeing more patients with other health problems that ARE increasing one's blood pressure. I know life style is "A" definite ONE. Emotional stress is increasing at an alarming rate. I eat only some fish -Tilapia and wild caught salmon, adding all frozen vegetables. A very small amt. of any breads.

130/90 is NOT the acceptable, as it was 8 years ago. Forget the 140/ 90, also- leading up to heart, strokes and unbelievable diabetes / disease.

No sugars, no salts, no processed anything. We are killing ourselves by leaps and bounds.

Excuse the bunched up sentences, the QVC Internet is jumping and refuses to let me space.  Strange how different time slots, posting, is easier..depending on what time. Must be a lot of shopping and /or the moderators, THAT I do KNOW!

@NAES1

I asked a doctor I've been seeing for over 30 years (gastroenterologist) how he felt about taking statins, personally. He admitted he doesn't take them, nor does he prescribe them for family members.  He does prescribe them to his patients because some of them have really high BP, and some of them just want them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@NAES1

I asked a doctor I've been seeing for over 30 years (gastroenterologist) how he felt about taking statins, personally. He admitted he doesn't take them, nor does he prescribe them for family members.  He does prescribe them to his patients because some of them have really high BP, and some of them just want them.

@LilacTree

Yes! Exceptions: post stroke, heart attack, BEING overweight for many years, maintaining bad habits. Then tapering off slowly, then >>go>> to diet.

So many people (where I live), are having fat removed from their bodies through "BAR" surgery.

*What a FIX to have lived, coming to this.*

I actually have no real answer to tell anyone. But, if asked, I can try.

EDUCATION would be something to do for their health.

Too many lazy people. I am excluding those whom are elderly with disabilities. Your former health ' past history ' does catch up with us.  Wise you are! 

Also, aging is not the same for everyone.

I have a neighbor lady that's 85 and is as active as I was at 20. My dad was very healthy and sought out no doctors, but only a 1 year check -up. He taught moderation in everything.

I never abused my body as I was growing, becoming an adult.

Stay away from artificial sweeteners, I tell MYSELF.

Makes me very sluggish and increases my blood sugar. Carbs.! NO NO. (with very few exceptions).

Most of what I have learned,came from parents, and the other / nutrition..my medical. 

I drink a lot of water, mostly 1 brand, but tap is okay if not for the odor. We have the leading water filtration city being in the top #5.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree Hi again......Hope you are good...Such a cute pic of u.

I know there are good people in here and a small handful of hard hitters... I was talking/referring to people in my real life : )....some real bad apples you might say....O.O...........uffff.... I have to look up the meaning and definition of "neighbor"...........Woman Tongue

Your name reminds me of a song "Lilac Wine"......the tune is lovely and the video is exquisite on YT.......

(Oh...I emailed my ex to say hi...jeez...I guess he's not happy in that marina now and wants to go off in his van + boat to where there are no people.....He's had a da*n van since I met him...and I'm not livin in any van.....not at 30 and certainly not now...lol )

Be well.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@LilacTree Hi again......Hope you are good...Such a cute pic of u.

I know there are good people in here and a small handful of hard hitters... I was talking/referring to people in my real life : )....some real bad apples you might say....O.O...........uffff.... I have to look up the meaning and definition of "neighbor"...........Woman Tongue

Your name reminds me of a song "Lilac Wine"......the tune is lovely and the video is exquisite on YT.......

(Oh...I emailed my ex to say hi...jeez...I guess he's not happy in that marina now and wants to go off in his van + boat to where there are no people.....He's had a da*n van since I met him...and I'm not livin in any van.....not at 30 and certainly not now...lol )

Be well.

@cbrite

I know the song "Lilac Wine" and love it.  I own the CD and play it often.  It is sung by a British singer named Katie Melua and the title of the CD is "Call Off the Search."  I think she writes all her own songs.  I saw her once on a talk show, but that was quite a few years ago and I guess her style is not popular here.  I happen to love it!!

I almost used "Lilac Wine" as my avatar, but decided on "Lilac Tree" because I love lilacs so much.  I will check the video out on YT.

Cheers!  (how British of me!) 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986