Respected Contributor

Anyone out there that follows boxing?

Just curious...I know I have not found many women who like or can tolerate boxing. I used to watch it with my Dad way back and just really enjoy it and follow it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone out there that follows boxing?

My Sister loves it and attends live functions. When we were little, we used to go to the local ethnic club to watch the fights. Can you believe it was a bar?. Dad would watch the fights (and, of course so would we by default) sit at the bar and drink sodas while the guys would drink beer and scream at the TV. This was before the average home had a TV.

Today, there probably is some kind of law that would prohibit that. However, in as much and we both can remember those times distinctly, they must have been good.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone out there that follows boxing?

Back in the early 80's, I was dating a guy who was a big boxing fan. He and his friends would watch the matches on TV. I got into too. Tommy Hearns, Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Micheal Spinks , Leon Spinks, plus other popular boxers. And then came along Mike Tyson. It was fun while the relationship lasted. I don't pay attention to it anymore.