Honored Contributor

Re: Any tips/advice for knee arthroscopic surgery?

@pupwhipped

You're welcome. I have had 6 Sleep Studies done, primarily because of my low Oxygen Saturation %  after my 2 PE episodes, and the also deadly Aspiration Pneumonia with my 1st heart attack. I had to hook up to an Oxygen Concentrator machine at night for 18 months.

3 of the studies came back saying I had Sleep Apnea 3 said I did not, so I ditched the CPAP machine. Like your husband, I too have had hernia repair surgery. Not too much to that one for me. Was back skating in a little over a week as a Ref.

Glad to hear you will get the PT after the surgery, very important.

Stay well,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Mlsg, thank you so very much! That's the kind of story I want to hear. Makes me feel better about it. Course, I know we are all different and have different issues, and so our outcomes can certainly vary. I hope I do as well as you. Actually, I can't believe you did those stairs and all after surgery. But as you said, being with your children is a big motivator!

Thanks again for your reply. I do appreciate it.

Best to YOU!

pup 

Not a problem.i just told you my story and this is all true. I did not think myself it's gonna be this way and for sure I was scare, but this is how it was .Still have all those pain killers and did not use even one. Just listen your doctor.And I wish you the best at list the same experience what I have everything will be fine, believe me and please let us know when you can.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2, trekking around the Alps? OH MY!!! Maybe soon I can be trekking around the Ozarks. LOL! 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems now. Actually, they've told me that one day down the line I will have to have knee replacement, too. But hopefully fixing this meniscus will stop the catching and locking problems I am currently having. Knees are so dang complicated. And you sure don't appreciate them until you start having problems with them.

Good luck to you. I hope you can get some help and relief to get through till at least the end of the year. And thanks so much for the birthday wishes. It's definitely going to be like no other I've ever had! 

All the best,

pup 

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped

I've had arthroscopic surgery on my knee.  The actual procedure was much easier than I anticipated.  I was home the same day with instructions to keep it iced.  Within a few days I was fine.

Since surgery I've had shots with limited relief.

Yesterday I was watching Today and saw Al Rocker had knee replacement.  Coincidentally I'm having the same surgery with the same doctor at the same hospital this comong Tuesday.  He said he is returning to work after just 2 weeks.

I hope I do as well.

Valued Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@pupwhipped

I've had arthroscopic surgery on my knee.  The actual procedure was much easier than I anticipated.  I was home the same day with instructions to keep it iced.  Within a few days I was fine.

Yesterday I was watching Today and saw Al Rocker had knee replacement.  Coincidentally I'm having the same surgery with the same doctor at the same hospital this comong Tuesday.  He said he is returning to work after just 2 weeks.

I hope I do as well

@muttmom Good luck! Everything will be fine 👍😀

Respected Contributor

@Mlsg

Thank you so much.

Valued Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Mlsg

Thank you so much.

👍👍👍😀

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@pupwhipped

I hope I do as well.

@muttmom

I'm sure you will do well but just the same, GOOD LUCK.

More than likely I will have the same surgery in the not too distant future.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@pupwhipped

I hope I do as well.

@muttmom BEST OF LUCK! Heart