WEN

Super Contributor

What color is your lavender oil?

I think I may have really messed up here and not used my lavender oil fast enough.  I pulled it out yesterday after not using for a while and it is a deep gold color.  Is this the way it should be or has it spoiled?  i honestly forget what color it was before.  I'm so mad at myself.  I'd still like to use it on my ends at least.  Hope somebody can answer this question.  My other oils are much lighter in color.  

Valued Contributor

Re: What color is your lavender oil?

My LAV oil is darker than all my others. It is more golden in color as well.
Esteemed Contributor

yes the lavender oil is a deep golden color.  @cac140  If you store your oils in a cool  dark place you should never have a problem.  I just finished an oil that was 3 and a half years Old  or so and it was fine.  I've been stocking oils for a long time and never had a problem.  I put month and year on every bottle (hint I learned here) and pull the oldest first.

Esteemed Contributor

It's the right color.

If an oil goes bad (rancid), it gets cloudy.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

When I first started with WEN years ago, I thought there was an issue since the first mini bottle of the old Lavender oil was clear but then the next big bottle was gold & I contacted the Ops Mgr for WEN, Cooper and she told me that was normal that the oils are different in color. 

#IamTeamWen
Super Contributor

Thank you all so much!!  Yay!!  I knew I came to the right place.  I need to use these oils more frequently, and dating them is a great idea.  Thanks for that suggestion.  I love adding some to a CC as my leave in on my ends.  What a difference in my hair doing this, so much body and smoothness.  I don't need styling cremes or any of the other extras.  Have a great day.  So relieved! Smiley Happy