WEN

Valued Contributor

SHL CC and SHP and/or FTP CC users....

[ Edited ]

For those who love SHP and/or FTP CC and have tried the SHL CC, how do you rate the SHL's performance compared to SHP or FTP?  I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the December TSV (yes, I know it's August, but I'm a planner), or just start buying only the formulas that work best for me  -  SHP, FTP,  and Fig.  I love all the great values and buy almost all of them.  However, now I have so many bottles of CC that for me, don't hold a candle to SHP or FTP for performance for me.  Def. not knocking any products - just want to focus on those that work best for my hair type.  Trying to make better Wen buying decisions...  Of course, I'm assuming the December TSV will have the following formulas: SHL, CLV, FTP, and WWC.  Thank you very much in advance for any feedback! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHL CC and SHP and/or FTP CC users....

I used SHL this spring and I liked the performance but I didn't care for the scent. I'm not big on florals. I am probably not as similar to your hair type as some others because I find SHP a little too moisturizing for me. I think the reason I didn't have the same issue with SHL is because my hair can take a little more moisture when the temperatures and humidity are lower as they generally are in the spring. In the summer, the same thing doesn't work as well.

Because I wasn't fond of the SHL scent, I mixed it with SOB (which was not quite moisturizing enough for me in spring) and that was a huge winner for me. So much so that I ordered enough of both formulas to probably cover me for all of next spring.

Respected Contributor

I also love SHP (summer honey peach), but FTP and SHL do not work for me at all, I won't order either of them again.    SHL (spring honey lilac) was marginally better than FTP (fall tuscan pear), but neither of them gave me as much moisture and shine as SHP, FTP was even a bit drying.  I think both have more protein than mosture for my hair, at least, so they gave me dryness and brittleness without enough moisture to balance the protein.  That's just my experience, of course, if you like FTP than SHL might be good for you, too.  Good luck in your decision.

Esteemed Contributor

SCLV holds a candle to both - shp and ftp in my opinion it's amazing! I still can't choose which one I like best - sclv or shp. Depending which one I am using at the time - it is my favorite then. FTP falls onto third place to these two.
Respected Contributor

My favorite formula is all things SHP.

I tried the SHL in the SC and mousse and thought the performance was disappointing.  The SHL mousse did not seem to foam up as much (less air than the delivery of the SHP) and therefore, less volume, body and staying power.

As far as the SC for SHL, it was somewhat better than the SHL mousse, but still did not work for my shoulder length curly hair.  I had a lot more frizz than usual and it seemed to be more sticky than the SHP SC.

I am almost done using it up and then will move on to SCLV which I love, and then back to SHP in this styling duo.