WEN

Honored Contributor

OT - today - Andrew Lessman's annual CoQ10 special value

[ Edited ]

Today is the day for Andrew Lessman's crazy good CoQ10 value. He gets all of his COQ10 from the Japanese company, Kaneka, who manufactures the very best COQ10 in the world. The NIH uses Kaneka COQ10 for their research trials and most other research studies use it as well. The other option in Chinese COQ10 which is not as bio-identical.

Here are today's TS COQ10 prices: 

50 capsules -- $29.90

100 capsules -- $54.90

200 capsules -- $94.90

400 capsules -- $169.90

600 capsules -- $199.90

Additionally, all of Andrew's products (includind the COQ10 TS) have free shipping today. Next sunday there will also be a TS for Calcium/Magnesium which can also be bundled with Vitamin D.

You can purchase them through HSN or you can call Procaps Labs and they will give you the exact same price. I always order through Procaps Labs because, in the past I've had major problems getting my HSN orders (cancellations, orders not honored, etc.). I finally stopped doing business with HSN all together and it's a decision that I've never regretted. -- In contrast, Procaps Labs is an exceptionally well run company with a lot of integrity.

There's more information on COQ10 and today's TS in the Andrew Lessman - October 2015 TS Info thread which is in the Wellness forum. 

Basically, every cell in your body needs COQ10 in order to function properly. COQ10 acts much like the gasoline needed to fuel your car: it creates the energy that your body needs for basic functioning. Again, there is more info on this in the thread that I referenced above. Also, later this afternoon, I will be adding a COQ10 thread to the Wellness forum that provides more info on COQ10.

I added all of Andrew's CoQ10 information to my laptop and I've created a separate CoQ10 - Coenzyme Q-10 thread in the Wellness forum. -- To the best of my ability, it's an overview of the CoQ10 info that Andrew has shared so far in his broadcasts. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: OT - today - Andrew Lessman's annual CoQ10 special value

We just ran out of CO-Q but I generally pick it up at the pharmacy.
Esteemed Contributor

I vowed not to watch! LOL  I  don't want to take any more suppliments at this time. Plus I've started Christmas shopping, so no more "me" purchases.

....but if I could  I'd buy the 600 in a heartbeat!  I said I'd vowed not to watch,  not that I didn't watch.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I added all of Andrew's CoQ10 information to my laptop and I've created a separate CoQ10 - Coenzyme Q-10 thread in the Wellness forum.

To the best of my ability, it's an overview of the CoQ10 info that Andrew has shared so far in his broadcasts. 

Additionally, there's more information on COQ10 and today's TS in the Andrew Lessman - October 2015 TS Info thread which is in the Wellness forum. 

Enjoy!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Just noticed that you have two forums going on this same topic, so thought I would post my comments here as well:

I've always heard to stick with ubiquinol vs. ubiquinone.  I can always remember this because the one that ends in "none" gives you none of the benefits.  I've heard that the ubiquinol is the best from vitamin store employees and also out of curiosity I searched this on Dr. Andrew Weil's website and he says the following:  "Seek out the soft-gel ubiquinol form when taking CoQ10 as a standalone supplement, as this has greater antioxidant efficiency than the ubiquinone form."  When I looked at the product information, Andrew Lessman's CoQ10 has 200 mg of Ubiquinone.  Therefore, I'll be passing on this one.  Thanks for providing all the good information however. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@kahootz wrote:

Just noticed that you have two forums going on this same topic, so thought I would post my comments here as well:

I've always heard to stick with ubiquinol vs. ubiquinone.  I can always remember this because the one that ends in "none" gives you none of the benefits.  I've heard that the ubiquinol is the best from vitamin store employees and also out of curiosity I searched this on Dr. Andrew Weil's website and he says the following:  "Seek out the soft-gel ubiquinol form when taking CoQ10 as a standalone supplement, as this has greater antioxidant efficiency than the ubiquinone form."  When I looked at the product information, Andrew Lessman's CoQ10 has 200 mg of Ubiquinone.  Therefore, I'll be passing on this one.  Thanks for providing all the good information however. Smiley Happy

@kahootz@kahootz I mainly post on the Wen forum and only sporadically in the Wellness forum. Since great health makes for even greater hair, I generally post the info on Andrew's TS values to the Wen forum (a number of Wenners use Procaps supplements). Smiley Happy

As I mentioned in my Wellness forum post, I've had the good fortune to speak with Dr. Barry (who, at the time, headed Kaneka's Research Dept) of several occasions. He definitely recommended the ubiquinal because it was the active form of CoQ10. 

He had me sold until I started listening to more of Andrew's broadcasts. Andrew probably does more research on this than anyone else in the vitamin industry, so I take what he says very seriously. Andrew's take is that the ubiquinal research doesn't back up paying a much larger amount of money for the same amount of CoQ10.

What really sold me on Andrew's perspective was when he explained how CoQ10 gets recycled in the body. So it's not just a use it and lose it supplement. It gets reused a number of times before it's finally pumped out the garbage shute.

Ubiquinone and ubiquinal are two forms of CoQ10 and these two molecules are almost identical. The only difference is that the (reduced) ubiquinal form has two fewer electrons. When CoQ10 is inside the body it is constantly being recycled. The ubiquinal gets two electrons and then becomes ubiquinone. Then when a free radical (oxidative damage) is in the area, it donates the two electrons to the free radical in order to neutralize it's toxic effects and becomes ubiquinal once again. This recycling goes on for a while before the CoQ10 molecule finally gives up in exhaustion. 

Additionally, from Andrew's broadcast today...

Vitamin C works with CoQ10 to cycle itself (they help to recycle each other). They’re in sort of in antioxidant cycle and reduction cycle. So they work together to recharge one another (i.e. Vitamin C helps to recharge the CoQ10 in your body, and vice versa). Your body you can't make CoQ10 without Vitamin C. 

btw, I remember the difference by thinking that ubiquinAL is ALL things to all people. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 Got mine! YAY!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  i'm so glad to hear that! :-) 

when I was posting the CoQ10 information yesterday I kept thinking that I hoped you would order it. It's Andrews craziest  and bestest  value for the whole year. If I remember correctly the regular price for the 600 count size at Andrews website is about $450 when it's available. And it's only available if he happens to have  a small supply of it left over after the TS is finished.

-- bebe :-)

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler  i'm so glad to hear that! :-) 

when I was posting the CoQ10 information yesterday I kept thinking that I hoped you would order it. It's Andrews craziest  and bestest  value for the whole year. If I remember correctly the regular price for the 600 count size at Andrews website is about $450 when it's available. And it's only available if he happens to have  a small supply of it left over after the TS is finished.

-- bebe :-)

@bebe777 ha! Like minds on the same wave length! Yes, I saw your post and knew that I was going to get it. I will be checking out next weekend too, as I am low on my supply of Vitamin D supplements. Smiley Happy  Bless you for all your great posts, whether it be WEN or Lessman! Heart