WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T- my 35 year old horse is gone.

@cosmic1 wrote:
Happy Daze, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you miss him terribly. You did make his last years the best of his life. He will be waiting for you. God Bless You.

@cosmic1 thank you, that means alot. I look forward to the day I will see him again, along with all my other loved ones that have gone.

Honored Contributor

@BackwoodsBarbie wrote:
HappyDaze,

My heart is heavy to read about the passing of your beloved horse. I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending cyber hugs and prayers (((((HappyDaze)))))

@BackwoodsBarbie thank you, means alot to me.

Honored Contributor

@NMCrazyCatLady wrote:

HappyDaze, I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain is overwhelming right now, but I hope you can take comfort in knowing that that horse loved you too. You helped change his life and that is a beautiful thing. Hugs to you!

@NMCrazyCatLady thank you so  much. It is overwhelming. I can't even drive by there right now because they buried him in his little pasture right by the road. I drive a different route. Not sure when I will be able to drive by there again.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this HappyDaze. I know that must have been so hard for you. Just know that he is in a place where he will be well taken care of. Animals are such an important part of our lives. It it always hard to let them go. Kudos to you for taking such good care of him. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

I just wanted to again say thank you to everyone for all your kind, amazing words. They mean alot to me, even though I have never met any of you in person. Funny how words of comfort from strangers can mean so much to you.

It has been a hard couple of months for me, I must admit. I've had three major life events happen and it just has all gotten a bit much for me to handle. I know the old saying goes God doesn't give you more than you can handle but not sure why he has to push it to the very edge of my limits.

Anyway, I try to be a glass half full kind of person but right now, I am strugggling to even see a drop in my glass so I apologize in advance if I am short or snippy with people more often (lol notice I said "more often").

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss, Happy Daze.  

Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss, Happy Daze.  

@lrmuffin thank you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

I just wanted to again say thank you to everyone for all your kind, amazing words. They mean alot to me, even though I have never met any of you in person. Funny how words of comfort from strangers can mean so much to you.

It has been a hard couple of months for me, I must admit. I've had three major life events happen and it just has all gotten a bit much for me to handle. I know the old saying goes God doesn't give you more than you can handle but not sure why he has to push it to the very edge of my limits.

Anyway, I try to be a glass half full kind of person but right now, I am strugggling to even see a drop in my glass so I apologize in advance if I am short or snippy with people more often (lol notice I said "more often").

@HappyDaze This may sound like a dumb superstition, but these things often seem to come in threes. I went to three funerals for extended family members inside of a month, starting right after Christmas last year. And I've been through worse streaks than that years ago. It's hard to see it when you're in the middle of it, but you will pull through. It sucks, but you will eventually come out the other side and feel lighter. The only sense I can make of these things is that we all pass on eventually and that these lows show us how to appreciate the good times in life when they come.

ETA: HappyDaze, if you are ever on Twitter check out "@GloriousAllianc". She is a 23yo OTTB mare who is incredibly entertaining, but also philosophical and wise. She can give you words of comfort and understanding about the loss of your equine best friend. Tell her "aprimo" sent you if you feel an introduction is in order. But she is friendly to all who love horses.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze   Hoping you enjoy a little black humor:

"God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  Evidently God thinks I'm a bad *donkey*.  (cleaning it up)

"They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  At this point, I should be able to bench-press a Buick."

"There are those that say the glass if half full, and those that say it's half empty - I say "Yay!  More room for vodka!".

Sending good thoughts your way...

Denise
Frequent Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.