WEN

Respected Contributor

Can anyone say which scents have the four honey complex?  I know Peach and Lilac but are there any others?  I have a decent amount of Peach styling creme and used it yesterday and forgot how great the results are!  Anyway, if anyone knows, please post it.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@77yangya

I think the WRC might.  Don't have time this min., but look up the ingredients.

Now that I think about it think it may be 4 teas instead of honey I'm thinking about

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Have A Question...

[ Edited ]

@77yangya only SHP has the 4 honey complex in the CC as far as I know- Lilac does NOT. It only has the honey extract as highlighted below. However, the SHL ancillary products  do contain the 4 honey which does including the mousse, styling cream and oil. A few of the other scents have the honey extract but not the 4 honey complex. HTH!

Spring Honey Lilac Cleansing Conditioner

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Lilac Extract, Green Tea Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide­1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide­7, L­Valine, L­Threonine, L­Proline, L­Isoleucine, L­Phenylaline, L­Histidine, L­Alanine, L­Serine, L­Arginine, L­Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate­60, Polysorbate­20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance. 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@77yangya

I think the WRC might.  Don't have time this min., but look up the ingredients.

Now that I think about it think it may be 4 teas instead of honey I'm thinking about

no, the WRC CC nor ancillary products do not have the 4 honey complex in it. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze, @77yangya@Drythe, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, showing on some Wen ingredient lists, is AKA Honeyquat.  

Searching "4 honey complex" turned up nothing on Chaz's website. 

I don't know if Chaz switched from calling it "4 honey complex" to Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey for clarity in labeling, or if 4 honey complex is something different. 

Either way, Google "Honeyquat". It's anti-static, moisturizing, hair and skin good stuff.

I just sent the following email to Chaz's CS staff:

Hello Wen helpers!

Wen Summer Honey Peach contains "4 honey complex".

I see Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey listed as an ingredient in other Wen formulas. Google tells me Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey is AKA "Honeyquat." 

Are "4 honey complex " and Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey the same thing?

Thank you for your help!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge no, from my understanding they are not the same. The SHP ingredients and the couple of ancillary SHL products  have 4 types of actual honey listed in it while the other is derived from honey (not sure which honey either), hence the reason I always call it honey extract rather than honey. The others list four different types of actual honey rather than the derivation of or an extract of honey.

My hair certain responds well to the actual honey and not the extract,  aka as honequat.

HTH! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge I should add that no, he did not change it from the 4 honey complex to the Hydroxypropyltrimonium honey name because it was never called 4 honey complex- it simply listed out 4 different types of honey. Hence the reason you couldn't find that on his website. Smiley Happy

Plus, SHP contains all 4 honeys AND the single honey extract so they are definately two different things.

AND I stand corrected- the four honeys are technically extracts as well but not sure how they differ from the Hydroxypropyltrimonium honey stand alone extract. 

Summer Honey Peach Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, 
Peach Fruit Extract, Apricot Kernel Extract, Manuka Honey Extract, Eucalyptus Honey Extract, Orange Blossom Honey Extract, Sage Honey Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Açai Fruit 
Extract, Seaweed Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Mango Seed Butter, Mango Seed Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), L­Arginine, L­Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L­Alanine, L­Serine, L­Valine, L­Proline, 
L­Threonine, L­Isoleucine, L­Phenylaline, L­ltidine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide­7, Polysorbate­20, Polysorbate­60, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, 
Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PCA, Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Amodimethicone, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Carbomer, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, 
Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze, thanks for the ingredients list. I'm unable to make out the tiny print on the bottles and always have to go to Chaz's website to read a list I can enlarge. ( Viewing on a smartphone. )

Respected Contributor

Sorry to cause any confusion.  I forgot to mention I was asking about the styling cremes.  I thought SHP and SHL had them, all four.  Thank you for the replies!