Respected Contributor

Re: ? about ebags Packing Cubes

Yes, I have a set and have used them a few times.  I'm not a fan.   Stuff still gets wrinkled and I don't like opening and closing, opening and closing.  

I know people rave about them , that's why I bought them, but they just don't work for me.

Regular Contributor

We used packing cubes and have several brands including ebags.  They are all pretty much the same, though I prefer those made of a more light wt. material.  I find the slim ones come in handy more often.  As a plus size gal I can roll 3 bottoms in one and 3-5 tops in another.  

Coming back from Alaska a few years ago carrying only our Motherlode backpacks, we were pulled aside during screening and had our bags opened.  The TSA agent comment that we had the most organized bags she had even gone through in her career.  The problem was on the xray our tightly packed cubes looked suspicious.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @momoftwo2007

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector I've bought several sets of packing cubes from eBags over the years. I like that the top is mesh, so everything can breathe, and you can see the contents. I haven't had any trouble with the zippers. I like having the different sizes and use the smallest one for charging cords, motion sickness meds, moleskin, etc. I buy the same green for my packing cubes and orange for my son so that it's easy to see which stuff belongs to whom in the suitcase. I could never travel without these!

Honored Contributor

I have cubes and envelopes of various sizes from REI.

I stack my clothes and then fold the stack and I feel that keeps things from wrinkling.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Yes, I have a set and have used them a few times.  I'm not a fan.   Stuff still gets wrinkled and I don't like opening and closing, opening and closing.  

I know people rave about them , that's why I bought them, but they just don't work for me.

@Bridgegal

Unknown-1.jpeg

Super Contributor

LOVE my packing cubes!  Another tip, I put a large empty one in the bottom of my suitcase.  Then i put my dirty clothes in it as I take them off.  By the time vay-cay is over, your other cubes are flat and you have all your dirties in one cube----ready for the laundry room upon return!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I love my Ebags cubes. I recommend writing down the dimensions of each cube and then cut out a square of cardboard or paper with those dimensions to see if they will fit into your suitcase. I fit mine in like pieces of a puzzle. The most useful to me are the medium (tops) and slim (socks and underwear). Small sized can be used for meds or cords. As for the wrinkling, I think it depends on the material of the garment. I’m a folder, not a roller. Be sure to read reviews and look at the videos that Ebags provides at the bottom of the page on some of the descriptions. Lots of information. I bought one medium sized to begin to see if it would be worthwhile to me. Sales going on all the time (25% off right now). Good luck with your search.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the cubes from eBay's and other brands.  They are all about the same.  I love them and fold my clothes in them.  They hold a lot and everything stays neat in my luggage.  

Occasional Contributor

I use compression packing cubes which have an extra zipper that compresses the packed cube even further to take up less space in luggage. Mine are from Travelbug and I found  them on Amazon. I love them and now only use compression packing cubes.