Respected Contributor

I'm apparently missing something with this TSV. $80 for two 7.8 oz whitening gels seems high to me since this is something you add to your regular toothpaste. Then I see the "if purchased separately" cost of $359! My dentist gave me a whitening treatment with some sort of machine that I could use afterwards for $300. Whitening products don't work for my teeth, they're naturally a few shades off from brilliant white and I know they're as white as they're going to get. Even my dentist told me the treatment he was using may not work and didn't want me to think I'd ever get white teeth. I just can't understand this $359 cost for this product, what am I missing here?

Honored Contributor

Re: smileactives Whitening Gel

[ Edited ]

I tried that whitening gel when it first debuted on the Q years ago. It irritated my gums and the inside of mouth all over to the point where I found it difficult to eat. My entire mouth was red and sore. I followed the directions carefully but in the end I threw it in the trash. I wasn't the only person who had a bad experience with it. There were numerous others. I'm surprised it's still being sold.

ETA-

Just b/c I had a bad experience with it doesn't mean everyone will, obviously. Maybe they've changed the formulation so it could be better now. IDK for sure.

Respected Contributor

No way will I be trying it. Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

I have been using it for about a year ( I had gotten a two pack of large tubes) and have seen no difference with the whiteness of my teeth. When I finish my current tube I will not be buying more.

on the plus side it makes my mouth feel very fresh... but that isn't why I purchased it.

Occasional Contributor

I've used Smileactives for several years & it works great or me so I ordered this TSV.  I've gotten many compliments, my dentist even asked what I use to whiten my teeth.

Respected Contributor

I used the whitening pens several years ago and didn't have a problem with them.  I am using Intelliwhite from hsn now and happy with that product.  Won't consider another option until I run out of what I have on hand.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

IMO, those "white" smiles that celebrities, hosts, etc. have are the results of extensive dental work and not teeth whitening products.

Having said that I have the Smileactives gel pen which I have used in the past.  They do lighten my teeth but nowhere near what is claimed by the vendors or hosts.

Respected Contributor

I use the Whitening Gel and the gel pens and have been happy with the results....

Honored Contributor

Crest Whitestrips work better for me than anything else I have tried.  I do not get what I call Hollywood white teeth, but the dentist in my family tells me the color I get is as good as anything he could offer me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Is Supersmile any better than Smileactives? I've never used anything like either of these products, but am curious which is best. From things some of the hosts have said, I gather most of them use Supersmile.

Think I'd be leary to try either one on my 75 year old enamel. Best to keep brushing well to keep my teeth healthy and fairly white rather than try for pearly whites and ruin the enamel in the process. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.