Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine spending that much for a blender unless I had no teeth! I don't want to drink my food.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/23/2015 colliegirls said:

I can't imagine spending that much for a blender unless I had no teeth! I don't want to drink my food.

making drinks is a teeny, tiny part of what Vitamix does. chops, dices, kneads dough, makes your batter for waffles and pancakes, grinds nuts for butters, chops meats for chili, grates cheese, and so on. One machine can do all your prep work. and because it can last forever, it pays for itself. Just like the KA stand mixer. I inherited my grandmothers KA, made in 1934, and it still works just fine. Some things are just worth it, if you like to cook and bake that is.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor
On 3/23/2015 mochachino said:
On 3/23/2015 colliegirls said:

making drinks is a teeny, tiny part of what Vitamix does. chops, dices, kneads dough, makes your batter for waffles and pancakes, grinds nuts for butters, chops meats for chili, grates cheese, and so on. One machine can do all your prep work. and because it can last forever, it pays for itself. Just like the KA stand mixer. I inherited my grandmothers KA, made in 1934, and it still works just fine. Some things are just worth it, if you like to cook and bake that is.

ITA. It is hard to explain what a VM can do, to someone that has already made up their mind that it's 'just a blender'. I love the story about your grandmother's KA mixer! I would love to know that my granddaughter,(or grandson!) would use my mixer some day.

Respected Contributor

LOL, I can't imagine watching Q for so long you even know how many times it's on. As long as it's selling, they will continue to sell.

I love mine, but I thought everyone owned one by now.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I always wonder how the vendor (in this case Jan Mueller) can do show after show every other hour all day long...starting at midnight...without dropping from exhaustion...that has to be tough....really no time for a nap...I would consider it cruelty to that vendor...

Trusted Contributor
On 3/23/2015 circles said:

I always wonder how the vendor (in this case Jan Mueller) can do show after show every other hour all day long...starting at midnight...without dropping from exhaustion...that has to be tough....really no time for a nap...I would consider it cruelty to that vendor...

I always wonder about that, too. Granted, I've worked some grueling shifts in my day that never seemed to end. I'm guessing that after their TSV marathon-they go to a 5-star resort for a week!

Regular Contributor

Vitamix TSVs are on too often but when I occasionally flip to a presentation I get sucked in and learn yet another new use or recipe. Our Vitamix is two years old. One of the best items we ever purchased. The soups and smoothies are wonderful. A standard blender is nothing compared to the Vitamix with its power equivalent to a lawn mower engine!!

Just tonight made a blueberry/banana/fresh spinach/Fage yogurt/Maple Syrup smoothie. So much healthier than grabbing for a dessert or chips for a snack. Took less then 5 minutes to throw together.

Honored Contributor

If I wanted to drink my lunch, I'd have a vodka martini (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥