Super Contributor
On 1/10/2015 AnnaBella said: It looks cold, slippery and like a chair on steroids.....UGLY
LOL! I must admit that my immediate reaction to seeing this chair and the price was....yikes!
Respected Contributor

I have never understood how you can buy a piece of furniture like a recliner without sitting in it and seeing how the ""fit"" is.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree - that is one ugly chair IMO. I have no issues with either leather or imitation, but the way the chair is stitched is ugly to me, and the shinyness of the fabric makes it look cheaper than it needs to look. I have seen imitation leather chairs that looked far more expensive than this one and looked more like leather for the same price or less. This chair just screams cheap krap to me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor
On 1/10/2015 ID2 said:

$800 for fake leather??? Where I live I can easily find a brand name all leather recliner for a fraction of this price! And yes this is one UGLY chair! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Dude, the chair is made in Michigan...it's where you live. La-Z-Boy helps support your friends and neighbors. YOU should be proud of this chair.

I support ANY made in USA products.

Respected Contributor

Oh come on! You know you guys all love the chair. I bet you secretly want one in each color to line up in front of your 62 inch screen TV.

Too bad it doesn't have a drink holder with a spout for refills & a built-in popcorn popper.

That way you'd never have to leave your big plastic chair except to go to the bathroom.

Honored Contributor

I priced a leather recliner last winter - on sale at LZ- right around 1200 plus tax and shipping, of course. Ended up not buying when neighbors had a very ugly transaction with the company. Eventually they were satisfied, but they were also very frustrated.

BTW- thanks to all who explained why many do buy fake leather. I'd never thought of several of the reasons.

Super Contributor

Oh come on! You know you guys all love the chair. I bet you secretly want one in each color to line up in front of your 62 inch screen TV.

Too bad it doesn't have a drink holder with a spout for refills & a built-in popcorn popper.

That way you'd never have to leave your big plastic chair except to go to the bathroom.

LOL!

Respected Contributor

My favorite posts on these forums are the ones where folks do a virtual slap to the face of people who DO like the product. Tastes differ! Don't like it, don't buy it. Especially love the posts that go even further and tell people if you buy it you're stupid and brain-washed by QVC. Gosh, it must be difficult for you perfect folks to live balanced on your pedestals, let alone cope with the masses that are so beneath you!

Honored Contributor

I bought two of them.

Super Contributor
On 1/10/2015 ID2 said:

$800 for fake leather??? Where I live I can easily find a brand name all leather recliner for a fraction of this price! And yes this is one UGLY chair! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

That is a Brand name item and it is made in Michigan...

:

We own real "leather" Lazy Boy recliners.... They are made with

leather everywhere you see and the places that you do not see...

:

There are some other recliners that only use leather in the areas

that you touch, and "Pleather" on the back and under-sides...