Honored Contributor

Re: So many damaged Kitchenaid TSV stand mixers.

On 1/6/2015 Scotnovel said:
On 1/6/2015 Kachina624 said: If you'll read the guidelines for reviews, you'll find they're not interested in hearing about customer service or shipping issues. They want an objective review of how the item, in good condition, performs.

I've seen plenty of reviews that mentioned damaged or items that did not work at all or for very long.

I realize that but I'm telling you the way it's supposed to be. Yours obviously didn't make the cut, did it?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I doubt very much if KitchenAid is responsible for sending flawed machines to QVC to sell. More likely something happened to them and they were returned broken, chipped, etc. and the Q's Less-than-Quality-Quality Control sent them on to those on waitlist.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 1/6/2015 Scotnovel said:
On 1/6/2015 Kachina624 said: If you'll read the guidelines for reviews, you'll find they're not interested in hearing about customer service or shipping issues. They want an objective review of how the item, in good condition, performs.

I've seen plenty of reviews that mentioned damaged or items that did not work at all or for very long.

I realize that but I'm telling you the way it's supposed to be. Yours obviously didn't make the cut, did it?

I didn't write one because I didn't purchase the product.

Trusted Contributor

I do not understand where the how the OP claims "so many" people had issues. The reviews do not seem to indicate this. Additionally, the OP claims that QVC only posts positive reviews while claiming that many people posted negative reviews. Again, I do not understand this.

Tens of thousands f these mixers were sold, and inevitably, there will be a few with problems. These mixers are built and packaged well in advance. During the packaging process or shipping process, something could happen. It is understandable. If one received a damaged mixer, either QVC or KitchenAid will be more than happy to resolve the issue -- no complaining on the forums required.

Trusted Contributor

Actually, KYToby, I appreciate reading comments from purchasers and feel that they have every right to express their opinions, so if they want to complain-let them complain. You don't need to tell them they shouldn't.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/6/2015 ID2 said:

Why on earth order it from here when every store out there sells them???!!

Bed Bath and Body had the same Q model on sale and with a rebate for $100 LESS than the QVC price two weeks before Christmas. They had a HUGE variety of colors too. The price was $212 after discounts and rebates.

Respected Contributor

If it's something heavy or expensive to return, I will buy it on line at Costco.com or BBB and return it if I don't like it to my local store. This being said, doesn't QVC offer UPS to come to your door to pick the package up? I'm afraid QVC is not quite the quality shopping experience as it once was. I know because I have shopped with them since 1990.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/9/2015 KYToby said:

I do not understand where the how the OP claims "so many" people had issues. The reviews do not seem to indicate this. Additionally, the OP claims that QVC only posts positive reviews while claiming that many people posted negative reviews. Again, I do not understand this.

Tens of thousands f these mixers were sold, and inevitably, there will be a few with problems. These mixers are built and packaged well in advance. During the packaging process or shipping process, something could happen. It is understandable. If one received a damaged mixer, either QVC or KitchenAid will be more than happy to resolve the issue -- no complaining on the forums required.

HSN does the same thing. I wondered if the reviews where reviewed by staff before posting and it was confirmed when I submitted a negative review for my CRAZY Samsung Galaxy S4 - my review has never been posted.

Before I purchase anything from anywhere I always google the product for the best price. I found a 40 inch TV I wanted from hhgreg. The floor price was $269. I went home and googled the TV and found it was sold out everywhere (Best Buy, Walmart, ect) at a higher price. I ordered and paid for the TV for the ON-LINE PRICE of $229. When I went to pick up the TV at the store - the clerk even noticed the price was $40 cheaper.

Many people purchase from Q because the items are on easy pay. Also - people like myself - have access to hugh variety of competitive shopping. My usual purchase is cosmetics or designer jewelry.