Respected Contributor

I ordered the gray a couple days ago when there was a four hour free shipping event.  I have another pair of Skechers with the bungee laces and they work well for me. I prefer not having to tie laces on boots. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased them in the olive color, because they are bungee!  I have an older pair (not quite like these), several years old, that I love and they wear great for me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Skechers Oct 29 TSV

[ Edited ]

I have some other bungee Skechers. I cut off the bungee cords then replaced the cord with regular laces. Easy peasy.

@Icegoddess 

@gabstoomuch 

@CAcableGirl2 

Honored Contributor

I prefer the bungee its easy and the laces do not come untied.  It is a cleaner look.

Respected Contributor

I went to QVC's homepage to see the Skechers TSV for today.

Their homepage is so cluttered and showed 10 TSV's for 10/29/19.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the look of the light colored soles.  They should either match the upper or be a darker color.  Only the black and navy boots have the matching sole and I don't need another black or navy pair of boots.

Valued Contributor

I have been lucky enough to be able to buy Khombu boots---QVC sells a few Khombus--at Costco.  Easy to get off/on, warm and sleeker looking than these.  Also $20 a pair.  I've bought them as gifts also and everybody loves them.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

They're really cute, but I have not had a lot of luck with their bungee ties.  I have some bungee tie shoes, and while I like to wear them I cannot wear them for hours on end because they press in the top of my foot and hurt.  I'm tempted, but I would be all over them if they offered regular laces with them. 

I  have 4 pair of skechers, and have never had any problems with them. If you have trouble with bending over and tieing your shoes, just try these, you'll love them. None of mine touch the top of my foot, but all of mine are the skecher brand.

@HLP the bungee shoes I have ARE Skechers.  It's not that the bungee itself is pressing my foot, but they press the top of the shoe into the top of my foot.

As far as cutting the laces off, you would then need to find the right length and color of laces.  I did that once when I removed a zipper from some boots and had the shoe repair guy put in eyelets.  But, finding the right laces was a pain.

I agree with @Carmie about the sole color.  Should match the color of the boot.

Super Contributor

I just ordered the chocolate.  I have never tried the bungee cords before, but I like shoes that don't lace.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I know that answer. I am always looking for the non skid sole for winter boots/shoes. I have a reconstructed leg so I can not go slip sliding across the floor. I have a pair of Sketchers with that bottom that are sneakers and they work on floors that are somewhat wet from rain but not a monsoon. They do not work for winter snowy conditions. I may be overly senstive to what works for me but I prefer a lug type sole for winter footwear. 

The boot is nice looking for casual wear because I like the style (not a fan of the bungee) but I think I'm passing on this one.