Honored Contributor

Ryka Fir for Life TSV - April 20, 2024

A632505 - Recovery Washable Bungee Sneakers- Renew $63.98

Black, Brilliant White, French Beige, Seafoam Green, Tempest Blue, Vapor Grey, Watermelon, 

IMG_0076.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Re: Ryka Fir for Life TSV - April 20, 2024

I love Ryka and with my feet issues, I'm going to give this recovery sneaker a try. The Watermelon is calling my name 😀

Honored Contributor

@LadybugDG wrote:

I love Ryka and with my feet issues, I'm going to give this recovery sneaker a try. The Watermelon is calling my name 😀

@LadybugDG - They are really pretty! I'm not much of a sneaker girl, but I did have one pair of white ones. They were old, and one day one of them just came apart - the bottom was flopping! 

I'm thinking of trying these, but I can't decide on a color. 

Also, are they pretty true to size? I know they say they are, but they almost always say that with shoes. Sometimes they're way off !  Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@LadybugDG wrote:

@LadybugDG - They are really pretty! I'm not much of a sneaker girl, but I did have one pair of white ones. They were old, and one day one of them just came apart - the bottom was flopping! 

I'm thinking of trying these, but I can't decide on a color. 

Also, are they pretty true to size? I know they say they are, but they almost always say that with shoes. Sometimes they're way off !  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom Yes, the ones I have are true to size. They fit perfectly. My toes have room to move around, not tight in that area which I love. I hope you enjoy if you purchase 😊

Super Contributor

I love that Watermelon color too! I might get these.
Respected Contributor

Can someone tell me what is a recovery shoe?  Seems to be the new buzz word lately.   Do we need a ryka recovery shoe to recover from wearing our non recovery ryka's all day?  Are recovery shoes what slippers used to be?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

Can someone tell me what is a recovery shoe?  Seems to be the new buzz word lately.   Do we need a ryka recovery shoe to recover from wearing our non recovery ryka's all day?  Are recovery shoes what slippers used to be?

-------

"Recovery" shoe refers to athletes or anyone who does extreme or strenuous exercise and need a special shoe afterward to " recover"- My opinion:  It's just another new buzzword to try to make me think we need this item-  This is just another washable sneaker with no laces that I don't want or need. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

@Travone wrote:

-------

"Recovery" shoe refers to athletes or anyone who does extreme or strenuous exercise and need a special shoe afterward to " recover"- My opinion:  It's just another new buzzword to try to make me think we need this item-  This is just another washable sneaker with no laces that I don't want or need. 

I guess @Skyegirl21  is right @Travone  it must be a newtrend.  Ijust got a pair of Revitalign orthodics, not inexpensive but well worth the price.  I'm thinking the Ryka's are along that line:  very cushy and comfortable and stabilizes your foot.  I'm tempted to get the white onesWoman Wink!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme 

@Skyegirl21 

Thank you.  I would think anyone that does extreme athletics would already be buying special shoes and would not need to recover if they bought the right shoes. 

Sounds like a money grab to me and is geared toward the people who buy shoes for looks and not function. 

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@eddyandme 

@Skyegirl21 

Thank you.  I would think anyone that does extreme athletics would already be buying special shoes and would not need to recover if they bought the right shoes. 

Sounds like a money grab to me and is geared toward the people who buy shoes for looks and not function. 

@Travone   I don't agree. Athletes have been wearing recovery shoes, usually thick recovery open toe sandals, for decades.  Not just pro or Olympic-level athletes, but people who work out a lot and want to take care of their feet.  A runner does not wear recovery shoes when they're running.  They wear shoes geared best for running, or cross-training, or basketball, etc.  Their recovery shoes are extremely important to reduce fatigue and muscle cramping and soreness.   

But recently, the market realized that they could sell recovery sandals and recovery sneakers to the masses, not just people who work out a lot.  Whether one needs them is the question, and their personal choice.