Valued Contributor

Re: Rick D and NFL TSV

[ Edited ]

I couldn’t believe he was doing it either. I know he doesn’t normally present clothes but it was very tacky and uncomfortable.

You ask about the color (team) not the size.  He brought up the size on several calls. 

It was even more odd because it seemed only targeted at the larger sizes. He wasn’t  saying so you ordered a medium today.

Valued Contributor

Wow. How inappropriate!

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Had I been this caller, I would have hung up on him prior to saying to him, I'm hanging up now.

Honored Contributor

Granted, I did not see Rick's presentation at all.  However, I did see a presentation with Jennifer Coffey and the vendor.  They both talked up the fact that since the TSV came in 4X, more women should think about getting that size because lots of women like very large t-shirts to wear as a sleepshirt.

Jennifer even commented that her daughter, in college now, loves wearing huge sleepshirts, and the 4X would be great for her.

So I think the issue of drumming up more sales for the 4X size was a universal pitch all the hosts were supposed to make.  But it may be that Rick didn't pose his words well when he did it.

Again, I did not see his presentation, so I will reserve judgement about his statement without some context of how he said it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Inappropriate, for sure.  However, I'm not surprised.  Some hosts just talk, say whatever pops into their heads, and many don't even listen to the caller.

I just can't watch him;  way too hyper.  And, I feel like he's always yelling!!!  

Honored Contributor

I wear a medium or large in Missy tops. Sometimes I buy band tee shirts in the men's department, a medium fits well. I ordered a size medium for myself, someone said the models we're wearing a medium. I tried it on, the tee was long, but did fit I couldn't take it smaller. The hoodie was huge on me, I could us an extra small. Sadly this is going back.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they are trying to promote the fact that it comes in all sizes and EVERYONE CAN BUY IT.  But I really don't watch unless I know in advance what will be presented and sold.  I just don't like the DRAMATICS and prefer only product information.  

Honored Contributor

Rick has always seemed like the kind of guy that would make fun of fat girls.