Honored Contributor

Question about the Garmin Vivofit 2

DD is interested in this. Her friends all have Fitbits. She is wondering if she can still connect with those friends if she has the Garmin. Can anyone help? TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about the Garmin Vivofit 2

[ Edited ]
-mom I don't know the answer to your question...but why not get her a fitbit? Yes, this is a little cheaper TODAY. But I read it has an alarm to remind you to move after one hour of inactivity, and I know that would get on MY nerves! Also, does the Garmin track sleep? I really like that about my fitbit.

Guessing...all her friends have the more expensive fitbit...charge, HR, etc.?
Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

The garmin does have a sleep track sleep.  The reviews are quite mixed.  Some people like it more than the fitbit.

Honored Contributor

I just called Garmin customer service and got the answer. She will not be able to connect with her friends who have Fitbits. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I just called CS and told them if you are cycling you can tie the Vivofit to your shoelaces so it counts your steps. If you are pushing a baby carriage you can either put it on your belt loop or shoelaces because if your hands aren't moving it does not count steps ( neither does my Fitbit). I'm Italian and talk with my hands so I usually wear it on my belt loop cause one day I sat in my chair and logged 800 steps while talking in the phone.,
Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:
if your hands aren't moving it does not count steps ( neither does my Fitbit). I'm Italian and talk with my hands so I usually wear it on my belt loop cause one day I sat in my chair and logged 800 steps while talking in the phone.,

LOL! - so cute!!! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I just heard her say on TV you had to have it on your wrist to have it count steps but I would imagine it would work on your shoelaces. My Fitbit does.
Regular Contributor

I bought a Fitbit Charge HR a week ago & im very happy with it ($149.)

My main purpose was to track heart rate & I don't believe this Garmin does that. I've discovered that during sleep, my heart rate increases & this is important information since I have A Fib.

I was not aware that both product track steps by arm movement. So,as I type this, I guess I'm racking up,steps??
Occasional Contributor

I was thinking about putting it on my ankle.  Does anyone know if that would work?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I was thinking about putting it on my ankle. Does anyone know if that would work?

I would think if it fit on your ankle it would work. Just my opinion.