Honored Contributor

Tritan is the BPA-free replacement for polycarbonate plastic, which did contain BPA.

Regardless of any possible controversy, the L&L that we're looking at today in the TSV is made from polyproplyene, which does not and never did contain BPA. You can verify this just by looking at the description on the item page.

In fact, the vast majority of L&L has always been made from polypropylene.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Adding in the S&H and dividing, I think it's a fairly good value. I could buy them at my local Korean market for about the same price, but not the convenience of getting the complete set. I use these things like crazy.

Also, L&L always ships in a decent, strong cardboard box. These things aren't cheap. - Bird

Trusted Contributor
On 1/7/2015 shy bobcat said:

I agree the S&H is high but, I believe if QVC lowered the S&H cost, they would raise the cost of the item they are selling.

I am sure you are right!

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/7/2015 Gloria said:
On 1/7/2015 shy bobcat said:

I agree the S&H is high but, I believe if QVC lowered the S&H cost, they would raise the cost of the item they are selling.

I am sure you are right!

QVC's shipping is high and I'm sure they could do much better for us. But, all shpg is high now - almost fell over mailing Christmas gifts! and even on Amazon, items w/o elegible free shpg are cheaper: so, either way we pay! I thought it was a nice set so ordered the pink and the sapphire to go with what I already have. Seems can always use L&L, especially when company comes - we always share leftovers.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Esteemed Contributor

I have and use my glass containers (with lids) more for "left overs" so I can re-heat.

I really do like Lock'n L very much. In reference to the s/h this is an olay price for 10 pieces. O/T: I purchased the bed topper and that was $21.00. Everthing is going up in price, along with almost any S/H postage from any online. Usually if the s/h is free the merchandise is more costly.

Since I buy more than 1 set the s/h will be half, I suppose. If I hear correctly?

I prefer the rectangular or the MUCH LARGER square ones. The 'LOCK' is better than anything other brand from {any} store...my opinion-<.

However, even though it is stated BPA-free, I will not heat in the microwave-never.

The older ones I have `APPEAR to be of a heavier substance`/probably over 7 years old. Since the show has various selections in size I choose also to get the larger sizes. I have a tall refrigerator with french doors, so each compartment is restricted for a lot of 1 cup-2 cups, but for a gift I choose the clear and the orange, maybe the purple. I have no problem with round or zen. I use most of these (smaller ones) for threads, tie tags and anything that would roll around.

Still, I do prefer all glass bowls with lids.

_Naes

Respected Contributor

It's a large box. Do you expect them to ship it for free?!!!

Valued Contributor
On 1/7/2015 twocent said:

Would love to have this set , but the shipping killed it for me. I wish every TSV - no matter what it is, had free s&h.

I'm just not going to pay this amount for shipping .{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I agree - the s&h is discouraging me from ordering. I was even considering adding another different set (for a gift) and realized that the s&h would be over $16.00; a deal breaker for me. QVC is making a ton of money just on the shipping fees. They get reduced corporate rates and obviously are not passing that savings on to their customers. HSN is looking better all the time....

Valued Contributor
On 1/7/2015 RedConvertibleGirl said:

It's a large box. Do you expect them to ship it for free?!!!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Of course not; but at a more reasonable rate would be helpful. QVC gets discounted corporate rates from the Postal Service and USPS. I have friends that work for UPS and the Post Office and they have told me this.

The Q can do better; they just choose not to and, after all, it is their decision. But the decision to purchase or not is mine!!!

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 jump4joy said:

It's a large box. Do you expect them to ship it for free?!!!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Of course not; but at a more reasonable rate would be helpful. QVC gets discounted corporate rates from the Postal Service and USPS. I have friends that work for UPS and the Post Office and they have told me this.

The Q can do better; they just choose not to and, after all, it is their decision. But the decision to purchase or not is mine!!!

Just what DO you think is reasonable/acceptable?

Esteemed Contributor

^^^??^^^RedCon., was the LARGE BOX for the topper meant to educate me on shipping? If so, I have no problem with most S/H,....i.e., an eyeliner cost me $4.97 and weighed under an ounce. I DO understand why postage is an issue for many, though.

FREE, No dear, I thought the $21.00 was very fair for a KING SIZE heavy topper.

Sometimes when an item is being DIScontinued or not selling well, I have noticed the price is divided into 3s or 5s OR FREE s/h.

I order (here) usually on holiday window times, those would be FOOD items. I have my favorite down town city store I frequent. I have no idea why you thought a LARGE BOX would be shipped out as "NO COST"..........got it!?

_Naes