Occasional Contributor

Re: Eve Pearl - The Flawless Face Collection Q & A Chat 9/20/16

@winamac1 wrote:

@Eve_Pearl wrote:

Hello @winamac1 our foundations do not  currently contain an SPF. Thank you!

Thanks!

Please add it!!

I hope you realize that any cosmetic product woudl need to be reaplied every 2 hours in order for the SPF to work. We need to get better infomred about SPF.

Every news report will tell you that (at the end of a segment)...remember to reaply every 2 hours.  If you are going to be in the sun, apply SPF. they shoud not be in our cosmetic and skincare products. Who wants to reapply their founation every 2 hours.

This might be a couse of increased skin cancer. women thinking they are getting sun protection because makeup is still there.

We should try to help our friends understand this and not be lazy with our SPF. have it wiht you.  if your going to spend in direct sun apply it. 

Another known fact...most of us are vitamin D deprived (means we need more sunlight in our days).

Didnt mean to sound preachy...just want us to be more informed and make better choices. Dont purchase cosmetics with SPF...it is a marketing ploy...by the time you leave your house...its probably not working anymore.

Occasional Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Rockgoddess wrote:
I see many comments about the Fair foundation is not fair enough. EP has some of THE best products, especially the foundation. It's smooth, not greasy /or dry; it's easy to apply and fades out well and very long lasting. I'm black. In the past my culture have always had a problem because we don't have enough shades to choose from to find the correct one. For me, I always focus on THE product itself. If it's good.. I use it and work with adjusting the color. If it's great product, you'll have NO problem. Make it work. NOTHING is perfect. Thanks!

I disagree- I don't want to put in alot of effort to try to make a color work for me, especially at the higher price points like this line is. There are so many choices (brands) out there that I am bound to find products with shades that match without alot of effort or fudging. In fact, I have several products that do so. I have not tried EP products yet so hopefully the shade will work for me. If not, I will try a shade darker and if that doesn't work, I am done trying, regardless of how great the product might be, especially since the products aren't cheap. I am certainly not going to keep the foundaiton if the colors are off and try to figure out how to make it work for me.

@HappyDaze just listen to what you are saying..."I dont want to put a lot of effort into it" Come on, we are women...it will take you less time to apply your foundation than it takes you to brush your teeth. You can apply paint and it will cover your face. but will it look its best on you? Give something new a try. We are women...we can do many things...talk on the phone, text, watch tv, work, listen (ignore) our kids, get dressed, walk in heels... I'm sure you can put 2 stripes on your face and blend... Hey, if i can do it...(its not brain surgery) You can do it. And, hopefully when it works for you...as it did for me. You will see and feel the difference...between something that just covers your face and something that makes your face look good.

I have faith in you...and in all of us. Keep us posted...:-)

Super Contributor

Eve Pearl,

I was regretting not getting the first TSV and was debating on what shade to get for this one.  I'm warm light-medium so I figured I'm most likely medium, but the foundation pan looked quite dark.  I was still not sure around dinnertime and went to my brother's for dinner, hoping when I came back  there would be information to make up my mind.  I ended up coming home too late to order at the TSV price so I'll have to wait for the next one, but the information you added yesterday (the day after the TSV) is great and really would help for the next TSV.  I figured I could make the foundation work, but wasn't sure about the mediium concealer.  I've heard great things about your salmon concealer from a friend of mine who also has bad hereditary dark circles and have been wanting to try it for quite some time now, so I'm very happy you're at QVC and offering such amazing TSVs! Most TSVs don't go up as high, but I can see why yours did with the discount you offered! I look forward to the next one and hope the same concealer is in it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EmaLee wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Rockgoddess wrote:
I see many comments about the Fair foundation is not fair enough. EP has some of THE best products, especially the foundation. It's smooth, not greasy /or dry; it's easy to apply and fades out well and very long lasting. I'm black. In the past my culture have always had a problem because we don't have enough shades to choose from to find the correct one. For me, I always focus on THE product itself. If it's good.. I use it and work with adjusting the color. If it's great product, you'll have NO problem. Make it work. NOTHING is perfect. Thanks!

I disagree- I don't want to put in alot of effort to try to make a color work for me, especially at the higher price points like this line is. There are so many choices (brands) out there that I am bound to find products with shades that match without alot of effort or fudging. In fact, I have several products that do so. I have not tried EP products yet so hopefully the shade will work for me. If not, I will try a shade darker and if that doesn't work, I am done trying, regardless of how great the product might be, especially since the products aren't cheap. I am certainly not going to keep the foundaiton if the colors are off and try to figure out how to make it work for me.

@HappyDaze just listen to what you are saying..."I dont want to put a lot of effort into it" Come on, we are women...it will take you less time to apply your foundation than it takes you to brush your teeth. You can apply paint and it will cover your face. but will it look its best on you? Give something new a try. We are women...we can do many things...talk on the phone, text, watch tv, work, listen (ignore) our kids, get dressed, walk in heels... I'm sure you can put 2 stripes on your face and blend... Hey, if i can do it...(its not brain surgery) You can do it. And, hopefully when it works for you...as it did for me. You will see and feel the difference...between something that just covers your face and something that makes your face look good.

We will have to agree to disagree @EmaLee. You've missed my points completely- it isn't about time to apply this foundation it is about trying to make a shade work for me when it doesn't. Gosh and there is sooooo much more to me as a woman than talking on the phone, texting, watching tv, getting dressed and walking in heels!

You do what is best for you and I will do what is best for me. It is makeup after all, not the cure for cancer. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@EmaLee wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Rockgoddess wrote:

We will have to agree to disagree @EmaLee. You've missed my points completely- it isn't about time to apply this foundation it is about trying to make a shade work for me when it doesn't. Gosh and there is sooooo much more to me as a woman than talking on the phone, texting, watching tv, getting dressed and walking in heels!

You do what is best for you and I will do what is best for me. It is makeup after all, not the cure for cancer. Smiley Wink

@HappyDaze -butting in where I probably shouldn't but-   I think perhaps,  you just might be overreacting.  I think @EmaLee was giving you well intentioned, light hearted, friendly advice.  I don't see critical, mean spirited thought expressed.  You've endeared yourself to others because of your frequent helpful, selfless contributions to the forum.  It may lead some of us to believe we can address you as we would our familiars and that leaves anything written open to misinterpretation.  It may be that I am only expressing my own reaction to previous exchanges of my own but -  

I agree with your frustration with shade matching-  I've  walked into prestige department stores and/or beauty boutiques, money no object, time to spare and still walked out empty handed.  NM, SXs, Merle whatshisname and Sephora are the worst.  I watch the beauty shows on Q and competitors, sometimes take a chance and order and in only 2 cases have I ever been able to "make do", blend, tweek the products to make them anywhere close to a match.  But thanks to the ladies of this forum I have had fun, enjoyed being a part of the hunt, been comforted by the reviews......   Hope you will be too?  

(I guess I just don't want you or any of these wonderful women we converse with to be hurt, offended and I surely don't want anyone to stop expressing themselves.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't overreact at all, @CoG. She missed my point and even quoted my post out of context so I corrected her.

I've never said anything about mean spirited or anything so not really sure where you go that, although in all honesty I will say that I thought the post was a bit condescending, especially since it was taken out of context.

Again, my point was completely missed by the poster anyway and was talking about something else I never even had an issue with.

That is all I am going to say about the subject as it really isn't worth discussing over and over, lol. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

@HappyDaze No disrespect. I apologize. Totally not my intention to make you feel bad. I enjoy reading your comments and certainly did not intend to cause any offense.

I'm new to the forums and have gotten some good advise from them. I was hoping to get across a bit of light nature of all the things that we can do. In business and in life. Was hoping to give you encouragement, not make you or anyone feel bad.

@CoG Thank you for your kind words.

I am enjoying my new makeup collection and will continue to read your lovely posts.

Keep up the good work.

QVC Community

@rochelleS wrote:

@Eve_Pearl wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Eve_Pearl Would you kindly show the new liquid lip colors coming in the future auto delivery kits. Much Thanks

Also... the new quad is described as multi purpose use, I'd love to see you demo this on the eyes and any other face tip usage you had in mind when developing this product. We want to hear your Pearls of Wisdom. ♡♡♡ 

Hello RochelleS, 

2nd shipment: Liquid Lipstick in Ruby Wine
3rd shipment: Liquid Lipstick in Rich Caramel
4th shipment: Liquid Lipstick in Plum Naked (same shade as the 1st shipment)

AD TSV 09.20 Liquid Lips.jpg

I hope you saw the demostration with using the Ultimate Face Compact as shadows. 

Thank you for tuning in xo Woman Happy

@Eve_Pearl Thank you so very much for posting these new lip colors. Greatly appreciated! 

Now another question, please...

I ordered your Tan this time around to use as contour. In looking at your recently posted swatches on this thtead, I wonder if I made the correct choice??? Would I be better off with the DARK, as I could mix and blend with my current Light and Medium foundations to get even more of a variety of options by blending? Like my own personal contour pallette?  I'm thinking the Tan may be too close to the Medium to allow me these mixing options. I hope my question is clear and makes sense. Kindly advise at your nearest convenience in the event of changing my order. Much Thanks!  I so very much appreciate your time and assistance. ♡

P.S. I DID see the quad used as eyeshadow! Very nice! Much Tks again!

Hello RochelleS,

Your welcome for the Liquid Lipstick Shades. I'm glad you saw the Ultimate Face Compact used as shadows! It's a great product with a variety of options and uses... not just blush Smiley Wink

I would agree that the Dark would give you more of the Strong Contour look, applied lightly and blend blend blend! The Tan is also great to have for the summer months if you get out in the sun a lot. You can still use it to contour, for a more subtle look. Think of it as a step up for the Natural contours you can achieve with the MEDIUM. Plus side 1 for the TAN is side 2 of the MEDIUM. You can also use that as well. Another Plus your getting the Ulimate Face Compact in Ageless!!!! More variety for your cheeks and eyes! Really, Win Win!!! 

Most of all have fun!!! It's Makeup and that's what its all about! 

Have a lovely Day Heart

QVC Community

@SahmIam wrote:

@Eve_Pearl wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

To Eve Pearl (or whomever is reading and posting on her behalf):

There are MANY frustrated customers here regarding your foundation. Answers to the questions are NOT being given which is why many are asking the same thing repeatedly. If you REALLY want the business and support of FUTURE customers, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you actually LISTEN and DO what is being requested.

* Answer in DETAIL regarding the shades

* Clear up the CONFUSION regarding what shades the modeling are wearing in the SPECIFIC shows mentioned

* Last but not least, for the LOVE of ALL that is THERE.....SHOW THE FOUNDATION COLORS SWATCHED ON AN ARM AS WELL AS THE COLOR OF THE MODELS' SKIN BEFORE AND AFTER APPLICATION. HOW ABOUT HAVE THEM ALL OPEN NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND SLOWLY SCAN ACROSS THEM?

When this is NOT done, it comes across LOUDLY that the vendor has something to hide. What do you have to lose? OUR BUSINESS. 

Thank you.

SahmIam, 

Our appologies for all the confusion and this late reply. We have been doing our best to get to all our social outlets and response. We did see other comments on swatching on the arm and we took it over to the QVC Live face book thread, made a quick video and images which we posted on this main thread as well as all other social outlets late last afternoon. 

We do appreciate everyones feedback, suggestions and business. In which we worked as quickly as possible to get these form of swatch media out there for you all. During a TSV things are very fast, busy but we do our best. With all the feed back we are taking it generiously and will be implementing it for all future shows. 

Thank you 

@Eve_Pearl

BRAVO!! You did an excellent job and I just wanted to say Thank You for reaching out to all of us during your TSV as well as the day after.  There are other threads on the QVC forum where many of us believe QVC should have given you far MORE time and should not have rushed you. We respect your expertise and want to see more of you, your products and be able to listen to YOU speak and share your knowledge. Hopefully, the Powers that Be at QVC will listen as well and we'll see you very soon!! : )

SahmIam Heart

Awe, Thank you so much. We really appreciate the Love & Support. We do our best to reach out to everyone on all media outlets. It warms our hearts to hear of the other threads wanting more. Here at EP, we strive to make everyone Feel Good with Great Products and Great Ingredients! 

Take care and have a great day, 

Woman Happy

QVC Community

@EmaLee wrote:

@HappyDaze No disrespect. I apologize. Totally not my intention to make you feel bad. I enjoy reading your comments and certainly did not intend to cause any offense.

I'm new to the forums and have gotten some good advise from them. I was hoping to get across a bit of light nature of all the things that we can do. In business and in life. Was hoping to give you encouragement, not make you or anyone feel bad.

@CoG Thank you for your kind words.

I am enjoying my new makeup collection and will continue to read your lovely posts.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you!