Respected Contributor

Re: DG's Today's Special Velvet Pants

They are nice, but I have several pairs of her stretch velvet pants from years ago, and the (older) rise fits me much better than these high rise ones. I loved them and wore them to the office all winter! They are super comfortable and a nice weight for a winter pant- 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

They looked nice enough, but I know DG designed for her body type which is pretty much opposite of mine.  Plus, I already have a nice pair of strech velvet pull-on pants.  I've only ever worn them around Christmas.  In fact, I bought them to skate Christmas shows in since I sometimes needed a man's look, but they're nice enough for a dressy outfit.  I once got a compliment on the "fit" by one of the skate moms.

Arabesque.jpg

@Icegoddess 

Thanks for posting your fun ice skating photo! 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess is that an indoor/outdoor rink? do u travel to diff cities or is it where u live?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@alohakz it was an indoor rink that is no more.  This was just the local rink's annual Christmas shows. I didn't start skating until I was an adult.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't has a good experience in past years.  The problem isn't the fit, it's been the longivity of them.  Too much spandex so they being to sag after many washings & a couple pair have pulled apart at the inner thigh seam.  I love Sam, get good advice.  He sticks to the product and don't have to listen to Diane drone on & on.

Honored Contributor

HSNDG2 by Diane Gilman Stretch Velvet Pull-On Trouser

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The sizing on Diane's  jeans is all over the place.  I've given up.  Too expensive to return them at hsn.

@Kachina624     I NEVER got a pair that fit, either.  There's something "off" with them.      d

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  Can you imagine 29 1/2" length for petite pants?  There surely is something wrong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  Can you imagine 29 1/2" length for petite pants?  There surely is something wrong.

@Kachina624     No...and I'm too arthritic (and lazy) to thread a needle.   I have pretty good luck with Amazon Essentials in "short".    OH HORRORS...they are NOT "designer"(!!)      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@barrel racer   I tuned in this morning and admit that Sam provides a LOT of good info about Diane's items; HOWEVER, he was talking SO FAST in a certain cadence and tone like "rat-a-rat-rat" that I had to turn it off.  It was like he was given a time period to make his points and he was cramming too much info into that abbreviated amt of time.  It was simply TOO MUCH!