Occasional Contributor
Insanity
Honored Contributor

What item has 40% shipping?

Honored Contributor

Is that the the Lock 'n Lock TSV? That's a lot of product so I would think the package is going to be pretty big. I would have guessed that shipping might have been even higher.

Trusted Contributor

I can say this, it made me change my mind about putting it in my cart. They lost this sale.

I think all TSV's , should have free or reduced shipping. They make it back on everything else.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 Krimpette said:

Is that the the Lock 'n Lock TSV? That's a lot of product so I would think the package is going to be pretty big. I would have guessed that shipping might have been even higher.

Since they nest and weigh nothing, they shipping should be no more than $4. The OP is exactly right, 40% of the cost of the item. Most of the other shopping channels are discounting or charging 0 for a special value.

Respected Contributor

The shipping chgs. make me think twice and more and more I just say no.

Honored Contributor

With the shipping, each container is still under $3 (I pay tax everywhere, so I don't figure that.)

Where do I go to buy good quality with similar lids elsewhere for less? I know if I go to BBB even with my 20% coupons, I won't be there. Any ideas?

Trusted Contributor
On 1/7/2015 brandiwine said:
On 1/7/2015 Krimpette said:

Since they nest and weigh nothing, they shipping should be no more than $4. The OP is exactly right, 40% of the cost of the item. Most of the other shopping channels are discounting or charging 0 for a special value.

I agree with you. Shipping is based on weight and these weigh nothing. I think the fact that they are imported figures in on the price.

QVC also knows that this is the type of item that people will buy more of, so the S&H will be about $4 on the second item. They lose nothing on the shipping of the second (third, etc.) item since the original is so high. They will all come in the same box anyway. We all know QVC makes money on their S&H (this has been discussed numerous times).

S&H does make me think twice. I did most of my Christmas shopping online. I always look for percentage off coupons/promo codes and free shipping and always shop that way. I shopped minimally at the Q this year (less and less each year), and I have been with them since 1987, so I am loyal to them.

Contributor

I have become very mindful of the S/H charges now, they have become outrageous along with some of the clothing lines....

Super Contributor
It is insanity. Really just paying for the convenience. The tsv is not a value when you tack on that shipping.