Valued Contributor

QVC has made a TON of money off their shipping/handling over the years. They are the one place that can't seem to bundle your orders even if they are out of the same warehouse. It's been their cash cow for years. Something will have to ""yell"" at me to order it before I'll pay these shipping costs. Not to mention how much the products have increased in price. I'm completely disgusted with their programming and prices.

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 nhbelle said: I too dismissed this TSV due to shipping costs. I looked at amazon, many nice nesting sets, BPH free for $20 and free shipping with prime. Also they got 5 star reviews from multiple reviewers.

But you pay $100 a year for Prime so you can get "free" shipping. How much would the shipping be for someone that doesn't have Prime?

Trusted Contributor
On 1/7/2015 geezerette said:
On 1/7/2015 Gloria said:
On 1/7/2015 brandiwine said:
On 1/7/2015 Krimpette said:

Is that the the Lock 'n Lock TSV? That's a lot of product so I would think the package is going to be pretty big. I would have guessed that shipping might have been even higher.

Since they nest and weigh nothing, they shipping should be no more than $4. The OP is exactly right, 40% of the cost of the item. Most of the other shopping channels are discounting or charging 0 for a special value.

I agree with you. Shipping is based on weight and these weigh nothing. I think the fact that they are imported figures in on the price.

QVC also knows that this is the type of item that people will buy more of, so the S&H will be about $4 on the second item. They lose nothing on the shipping of the second (third, etc.) item since the original is so high. They will all come in the same box anyway. We all know QVC makes money on their S&H (this has been discussed numerous times).

S&H does make me think twice. I did most of my Christmas shopping online. I always look for percentage off coupons/promo codes and free shipping and always shop that way. I shopped minimally at the Q this year (less and less each year), and I have been with them since 1987, so I am loyal to them.

But UPS has just changed their delivery rates to include not only the weight of the item, but also the size of the package. Bigger packages will cost more than they used to last year.

It isn't just shipping charges it is shipping and HANDLING. Handling includes all of the warehouse costs including wages, insurance, property & payroll taxes, security, shipping materials, and tons of other costs associated with carrying inventory. Please don't tell me that the company should just pay those costs themselves. They aren't in business to lose money and they will charge what they need to at least cover this product's share of those handling costs and probably some profit margin too. I agree $7.99 seems high on a $20 item but that price is reduced from normal.

Occasional Contributor
I paid for Amazon's Prime because it is actually a good deal. I've purchased large furniture pieces, heavy dog food, etc. all delivered with free shipping. Can anyone imagine purchasing a bracelet or ring and paying 40% of the purchase price for delivery? Even though the L&L is at a lower price point, for me it is the principle. If anyone wants to pay another shipping charge to return them, it would be like writing a personal check to the Q. They will just put them on the "as is" section and get another $20.
Valued Contributor
On 1/7/2015 RedConvertibleGirl said:
On 1/7/2015 nhbelle said: I too dismissed this TSV due to shipping costs. I looked at amazon, many nice nesting sets, BPH free for $20 and free shipping with prime. Also they got 5 star reviews from multiple reviewers.

But you pay $100 a year for Prime so you can get "free" shipping. How much would the shipping be for someone that doesn't have Prime?

In my case I've ordered over 100 different items from Amazon this year. Place orders for others in my family but Amazon is my 1st go to for ordering an item. That would $1 per item. How much would that cost me at QVC, conservatively probably $800. They are ripping people off on shipping. And most cases Amazon's prices are lower than QVC's.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/7/2015 ibb38 said:
On 1/7/2015 twopeas said:

We just received a 42 piece set of Rubbermaid from Amazon for $20 and zero s/h.

You can't compare the 2 brands- the tsv is a great price for stacking lock and locks. Even with the s/h added in!

I did and I can. Rubbermaid can hold up as well as L&L.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I've actually had some Rubbermaid pieces that have held up better than some of my LnL's. I routinely have the seals fall out of my LnL lids. Also, I've put cookies in my LnL's on the counter for the kids and within a few days, the cookies are stale, with the seals and locked down.

The Rubbermaid I've purchased have never disappointed me. Once you "burp" the lid, it's on there solidly. Rubbermaid is an excellent brand.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor
On 1/7/2015 RedConvertibleGirl said:

It's free if your order is over $35, even without Prime. I "bundle" my orders from Amazon and never pay for shipping and I am not a Prime member. So there is really no excuse for the exorbitant rates that Q charges.

Frequent Contributor
This is why I rarely shop here - outrageous shipping. HSN is far better & so is Amazon Prime. You pay for Prime but the free shipping & other perks more than cover that cost IMO.
Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 ibb38 said:
On 1/7/2015 twopeas said:

We just received a 42 piece set of Rubbermaid from Amazon for $20 and zero s/h.

You can't compare the 2 brands- the tsv is a great price for stacking lock and locks. Even with the s/h added in!

i agree.....i ended up getting two sets at $2.40 a piece (not including taxes)....that is a difficult to beat price for an excellent quality product that is used daily. i do own rubbermaid containers, but i think the lock and lock are much better.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein