Honored Contributor

This came up on the "songs that drive you crazy" thread and I think it deserves it's own.  

Gavin Edwards has written a few books of wrong lyrics people sing.  I have given them as gifts many times, they are hilarious: 

"Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy and Other Misheard Lyrics"

"Hit Me With Your Pet Shark"

"He's Got the Whole World in His Pants"

"When a Man Loves a Walnut"  and

"Deck the Halls wiith Buddy Holly and Other Misheard Christmas Lyrics."

I recommend these books to everyone, they are hilarious.

In the other thread Lovescats mentioned the Stones, "Heartbreaker, with your bowling ball."  

MuttMom brought up Credence Clearwater Revival's "There's a bathroom on the right."  (hahahahahahaha)

This is fun.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL! I'll have to go back and see what was written.

My sister thought that Tony Orlando & Dawn sang "wake up naked together" 

DS thought it was "a third grade love affair" 

Then there is the ever popular "I don't want to be your pizza burner"

Respected Contributor

"Sun Myung Moon, everybody knows one>"  Neil Diamond's "Song Sung Blue"

Honored Contributor

Another Neil Diamond one "Rev Blue Jeans".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Long story short, I read this in a mag article years ago:  "...knowing she would..." which is really Norweigan Wood. I won't even get into the whole "Louie Louie" thingWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

CCR Bad Moon Rising "Don't go out tonight it's bound to take your life, there's a bad moon on the rise."  I thought it was there's a bathroom on the right!

Honored Contributor

Just remembered from Friends. Phoebe thinks Tiny Dancer is "Hold me closer Tony Danza"!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband once asked me why Billy Joel (my fav) would sing a song about a "kick in the face!"  We all know Billy was singing about "keeping the faith!"  He has never lived that down.....cause we all remind him when we hear that song.........

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

CCR Bad Moon Rising "Don't go out tonight it's bound to take your life, there's a bad moon on the rise."  I thought it was there's a bathroom on the right!

My husband and I joke about that one all the time, especially on trips looking for a "place to stop!"Cat Very Happy

How about Johnny Rivers, "Secret Agent Man" being sung as "Secret Asian Man."

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Herb Alpert had a hit song, This Guy's in Love with You. Trouble was, people thought he was saying The sky's in love with you, and questioning, how could the sky be in love with anyone???