Honored Contributor

Re: new FEUD! CAPOTE VS THE SWANS on FX

I found this series to be very interesting and am glad I stuck with it.

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes @sunshine45 @World Traveler @lovesallanimals @50Mickey 

See the tie-in here? She is one and the same who plays Joan Crawford in the first season.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

@sunshine45 @World Traveler @lovesallanimals @50Mickey 

The name "Rockafeller" is an American icon. I had always figured the "rich and famous" conducted themselves with dignity and were ethical and moral. 
LOL what did I know? Nothing!

Honored Contributor

Finished and loved this series!
These people were well known when I was still too young to take note! 
But I have been curious because in my opinion, this is part of American history.

These women all paved the way for the next generation of independent women.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

The  2005 movie was called  " Capote  " with Philip Seymour Hoffman .

Truman Capote seemed to have as many  " Mother "  issues as did J. Edgar Hoover

Honored Contributor

@skatting44  Thank you!  I have never heard of that movie or the person that portrays Capote.  I found the movie on Tubi & will watch over the weekend.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

I just read that the Rockefellers were still the richest family.  I am so glad to hear that because they were the original blue blood society that we know of today followed by the Astors, and the Vanderbilts.  Like NY wouldn't be NY without the Rockefellers 

i was very young when all this happened but I do recall Truman to be snake in the grass not my idea of a confident that would be trusted with my deepest thoughts and fears.  Does anybody really feel that these people only had Truman to talk to.  Give me a break!

He is not overplayed by the actor.  That's really how Truman was and everyone thought he was great except me.   I felt and still do feel that anyone can rise above their lot in life without stepping on anyone's toes.  We're all capable of writing a book.  You don't have to be a genius, just have an original thought in your head and a lot of time on your hands

CZ Guest was really society and liked gardening better that anything else.  She wrote a few books which was presented by her on QVC over the yrs.  When she died  her daughter Cornelia took over.

Slim Hawks was famous for marrying Howard and discovering Bacall Bogarts wife

Ann Wallace killed her husband.  She wanted to but never really was a Swan like who really cares.. she was a stripper in real life, but married rich, big deal

The only one was Babe Paley who was know for her philanthropic work and she was also know for her work with animals

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll probably watch this all the way through but find myself sort of looking forward to it winding down. Stretches of pretty boring programming intermixed with alleged high society women talking like stevedores and behaving badly, along with the pitiful downfall of a significant talent frittering it away on booze and what amount to rent boys. Sad, really.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Any comments on episode 5 ?

Honored Contributor

Last night's episode was certainly different. After watching I wondered if Truman felt the Swans actually viewed him as the hired entertainment and not one of their own, and he was punishing them for it.