Honored Contributor

Re: WEEKLY TV DRAMA SERIES OF THE 1950'S, ETC.

[ Edited ]

I saw Bachelor Father when I was off on Wed morning, could anyone be more handsome than Forsythe, young or older he had it going on!!! From Bentley Gregg to Blake Carrington, handsome devil!!!

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

@mousiegirl , if you get Antennna TV, they have older shows, too-Jack Benny, George and Gracie Allen, Bachelor Father, and Father Knows Best. They also have some a little newer, like Hazel and Dennis the Menace. Also, try Cozi TV, Decades TV and Me TV if available.

There is also Retro TV. They show My Little Margie, Ozzie and Harriet, I Married Joan, Petticoat Junction, Life with Elizabeth, The Lucy Show, Beverly Hillbillies and The Private Secretary.

Plus lots of other old shows.

PS - There is also FE TV. They show Leave It To Beaver, Hazel, Bewitched and Beverly Hillbillies.

@drizzellla   I don't have that channel either, now you can see why I had to buy what I was interested in.  I do have Beaver, Hazel and Bewitched on dvd. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Loretta Young and her gowns, wow!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I saw Bachelor Father when I was off on Wed morning, could anyone be more handsome than Forsythe, young or older he had it going on!!! From Bentley Gregg to Blake Carrington, handsome devil!!!

@Shelbelle   He was in an episode of The June allyson show that I watched last night. I have Bachelor Father on dvd.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I am going to have to start looking for DVDs of the old shows. We lost Decades TV over a year ago. I keep thinking we are going to lose some other similar stations along the way.

Plus it seems shows that I enjoy watching disappear and newer shows replace the old ones. And I can only take so much of Three's Company.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@mousiegirl  I am going to have to start looking for DVDs of the old shows. We lost Decades TV over a year ago. I keep thinking we are going to lose some other similar stations along the way.

Plus it seems shows that I enjoy watching disappear and newer shows replace the old ones. And I can only take so much of Three's Company.

@drizzellla   This ebay seller, sublime 440-6, has a huge catalog of old series.  If you find his ebay listings, and if you buy something, he will send you his email address in the package so you can receive his catalog, but do not mention the catalog on ebay.  I can't post the email address here, I wonder if I could on ProBoards.  He also updates the catalog, or you can email him, not on ebay, and ask if he has such and such.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I forgot to mention that if you go to the ebay seller's site, do not mention the catalog on ebay.  If you buy something, he will include his email address in the package and he will send you the catalog.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  I was thinking this of June Allyson's gowns by Don Loper, just gorgeous, the era of glamour.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@drizzellla   This ebay seller, sublime 440-6, has a huge catalog of old series.  If you find his ebay listings, and if you buy something, he will send you his email address in the package so you can receive his catalog, but do not mention the catalog on ebay.  I can't post the email address here, I wonder if I could on ProBoards.  He also updates the catalog, or you can email him, not on ebay, and ask if he has such and such.

@drizzellla  There is also Thomas Film Classics online where I bought many old series, and these all come in cases, not paper sleeves.  I would check the catalog, if you get one against Thomas as you may find a complete series for a much better price in the catalog.  Thomas has some that the catalog does not, but the catalog has some and complete.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  I was thinking this of June Allyson's gowns by Don Loper, just gorgeous, the era of glamour.

Remember Lucy had to have a Loper label!!!