Honored Contributor

Tony Dow Themed LITB Marathon on Sunday

I know this was posted yesterday and will be on MeTV.

I browsed throught the lineup this a.m. and one of the funniest episodes will be on: "Wally's Suit". I laughed a lot at this episode. That awful plaid suit with all the pockets he thought was so cool.

And loved the way June and the salesman were tactfully able to get Wally to change his mind and get a 'regular' suit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tony Dow Themed LITB Marathon on Sunday

Isn't that from 70 years ago?   I remember watching reruns when I was a young child and it was very old reruns even then.  

Trusted Contributor

I will be watching!  Actually watching the daily 2 episodes now on fetv!

Love this show!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I know this was posted yesterday and will be on MeTV.

I browsed throught the lineup this a.m. and one of the funniest episodes will be on: "Wally's Suit". I laughed a lot at this episode. That awful plaid suit with all the pockets he thought was so cool.

And loved the way June and the salesman were tactfully able to get Wally to change his mind and get a 'regular' suit.

@Love my grandkids - that was a funny episode.  Also liked the one about Wally's new hairstye - looked like a jelly roll!  I watch every morning and will be watching this tribute.

Respected Contributor

There's a show on UK drama channel called "Bererac". I noticed the other day that it was directed by Tony Dow. I think the other was called "Birds of a Feather". I think they are shows from the 90's., but he directed many other british shows. An accomplished man, for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Isn't that from 70 years ago?   I remember watching reruns when I was a young child and it was very old reruns even then.  

You're close! It started 65 years ago:

Leave It to Beaver is an American television sitcom broadcast between 1957 and 1963

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info, Love!

My guide data hasn't updated to show that change in programming yet but I'm keeping an eye on it and it sounds like there are a couple of episodes I'd like to record.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt I hear you. My guide just updated very early this a.m. so I made sure I have all the episodes set to record. The one about the new suit I plan to store on the hard drive so it doesn't get accidentally deleted. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree FYI the show debuted in October of 1957 and ran until June of 1963. So it started 65 years ago, not 70.

Honored Contributor

Yay, my guide data updated.  I picked a few of the episodes to record, including the one about the suit.

I know I've seen them all but I forget stuff like that now, so it w/b like seeing them for the first time!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again for the heads up!  Smiley Happy