Frequent Contributor

Re: Thursday 9/03/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I have to check my tv listing as NFL Preseason Football is on so Big Brother must be airing later at night . I hate this!

Honored Contributor

Depending on where you live -- where I live it's on a different channel, live.

For those who say Meg has game, please point to a single thing she's done all summer that constitutes game.  Any comps she has won, any moves she has made.  

Respected Contributor

@game-on wrote:

You guys sound ridiculous to me.... dooming players to a life of loneliness ...come on!! 

You think a player has NO game because you dont know what is in the player's head or they dont play the way you choose? 

Each player has his/her own game... they have made choices that have or have not gotten them the results they wanted.... but then that is the way life is, isnt it?  We all have our own games.... and we are always making choices..  what end do we want to achieve?  Do we think it thru or do we just hope for the best and go along as we have doing for years? 

There is a neat book called "Games People Play" by Eric Berne.... it gives insight into human behavior and how people interact....

I'm assuming you are responding to my comment. Steve lives in his mother's basebment. Come on. How old is the guy? I have 3 sons in their 20s. They have been pretty much gone since leaving for college other than short stays. If the mother was smart she would give him a time frame to move out.  Steve needs to grow up. He lives in a fantasy world of games, including Knnects....which will only lead to a solitary life. Actually going on TV was a great idea and hopefully this will encourage Steve to fly!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think vanessa is ranked 3 just because people know her name and there is a big difference between her ranking and john's  and james's.

I do think vanessa deserves credit because she does a spiel when she tells people was they should do and makes it sound like it is exactly what  they should do for their game.  She is so self deprecating and sounds like she really believes it so they believe it.   When she starts it is like she is doing a textbook example of the art of negotiation getting what you want and making the other person believe it was their idea and is what they want.

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

I agree, GAMEY..... Every one in the house has game just by virtue of the fact that they are still in the house...

I was surprised to see that Vanessa was one of the top three most popular. No one here seems to consider her likeable so do you think that placement is based on her game skill and strategy ?

Hi, I don't know what poll you are referring to. Gardenmann pointed me to the Joker's Poll and Vanessa is not at the top.

I think Vanessa's success is that she has a few young men that never grew balls as in Steve and Johnny Mac.

http://jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/bbratings/showrankings.php/

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Depending on where you live -- where I live it's on a different channel, live.

For those who say Meg has game, please point to a single thing she's done all summer that constitutes game.  Any comps she has won, any moves she has made.  

Meg and Jason won a BOTB but it was one that was ideal for their limited skill sets. I'm not saying she's a great gamer, but given her limited physical abilities (rheumatoid arthritis and recent knee surgery) and coming in as a recruit who didn't know the game, she's doing okay. She's growing into the game as the season goes on and may surprise people yet. Like Jordan a few years back, Meg served the casting crew and they encouraged her to apply. She did and made the show not knowing a lot about it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@game-on wrote:

You guys sound ridiculous to me.... dooming players to a life of loneliness ...come on!! 

You think a player has NO game because you dont know what is in the player's head or they dont play the way you choose? 

Each player has his/her own game... they have made choices that have or have not gotten them the results they wanted.... but then that is the way life is, isnt it?  We all have our own games.... and we are always making choices..  what end do we want to achieve?  Do we think it thru or do we just hope for the best and go along as we have doing for years? 

There is a neat book called "Games People Play" by Eric Berne.... it gives insight into human behavior and how people interact....

I'm assuming you are responding to my comment. Steve lives in his mother's basebment. Come on. How old is the guy? I have 3 sons in their 20s. They have been pretty much gone since leaving for college other than short stays. If the mother was smart she would give him a time frame to move out.  Steve needs to grow up. He lives in a fantasy world of games, including Knnects....which will only lead to a solitary life. Actually going on TV was a great idea and hopefully this will encourage Steve to fly!

Your sons are hardly the bench mark that other young men should aspire to emulate. In other countries sons remain living at home until they marry or find employment far from home.

To me, success is measured in enjoyment of one's life, not living on one's own, having a high paying job, or making parents proud.

Respected Contributor

Did someone declare this "Dump on Dglvr Day" and I forget to mark it on my calendar ? 

I disagree, OR.....in AMERICAN culture it is considered the norm and, in fact, desirable for young adults to proceed with their lives in exactly the way Dglvr described. I also think that a very important part of our children's development is the desire to please their parents and make them proud......that certainly does not preclude the off spring from having happy and successful lives.

Trusted Contributor

doglvr.... i believe that steve comes from a background where he has been encouraged to pursue his many talents...and he has a very close friend...his mom.... he admits he has not had any social game until now.... he is learning... at least he sees this and has put himself in a situation where he has the potential to grow....in no way do i believe he is doomed to be lonely the rest of his life.... i could give you all kinds of potential scenarios for the future.... however, that is for him to decide....

danky.... i really get tired of people who cant see the depth of people's potentials... i re-read what i wrote and maybe it came off as scolding... however, i can see a very bright future for steve....

As for vanessa.... she has a bright future also... however, i dont care for bullies.... and that is what i see her doing here...

occassional rain.... i agree that not all people should be judged by the same standards....

danky.... i meant to ask if you have gone back to work.... you know i wish the best for you....

Honored Contributor

It looks like Steve has decided to wimp out and vote out Meg. Yet another chance to get out a twin is likely gone. I'm not surprised, but Steve knows better and knows what he should do, but he's afraid of the consequences. You can't play BB scared. You have to be willing to make big moves. Voting out Meg isn't a big move. Flushing Julia would have impressed the jury far more than him being Vanessa's lapdog.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!