Honored Contributor

I think Rosie and Whoppi would have a problem together. Big egos!

Esteemed Contributor

Rosie goes nuts when she is upset, I don't want to see her back in that position again. But, good grief, I sure would not want Monica Lewinsky on the panel! She needs to go away and stay away.

Respected Contributor
On 7/2/2014 DiAnne said:

I think Rosie and Whoppi would have a problem together. Big egos!

OMG I am LOLing at ""Whoppi""!!!!!

Honored Contributor
On 6/30/2014 MJ FAN 4 EVER said:

I hope they don't get Ross Matthews (is that his name from E!?). You can only take him in small doses. It reveals that the show can't make it without Barbara. I think it's run it's course. Sometimes, I'll watch "The Talk" when I'm home and it is funny. I'm not a fan of all the women on there, but it is more laid back. If they did copy "The View" you have to hand it to them that they've lasted and haven't had the shake-ups that "The View" has had.

I like Whoopi but always felt she didn't belong on that show. There never seemed to be any chemistry between the hosts for the past few years.

I wonder if they'll have a good-bye show for Sherrie? That would be real awkward.

I liked the first year of The Talk but I do not like it at all now. I never liked Sharon O but could overlook her that first year but now there are three on the show I do not care for so I never watch.

Honored Contributor

I like the way Sharon O (on the Talk) says things that I'm thinking sometimes, but I can't stand that 'cutsey' little girl voice and the way she acts. Also, she is a bit raw for me (I don't know what word I'm looking for).....kind of un censored maybe.

I am very outspoken; but never at the expense of another person. I think (especially on TV) we've gotten way too far from watching what we say, as my Grandma used to say.

You know what I mean? At least on the View they don't have the audience clap after every other word like they do on The Talk.

I am embarrassed that I'm female after I watch The Talk because those women (the audience is almost all women) agrees with everything the Hosts say; and they clap and clap. Then if a member says "No, I disagree". They clap at that too!

So at least I don't remember them doing that on The View. Maybe they do/did and I just don't remember.

I haven't watched more than a few minutes of it in a long time.

I'd love to see a show during the day where they had interesting people and they just interviewed them.

It's as if when you stay at home they think you don't have a brain and couldn't handle anything 'challenging'.

There were things about Oprah (just saw an advertisement for it) that I didn't like, but she did have interesting people on there and the topics were interesting.

You know who is a good interviewer is Queen Latifa. I've watched her a few times and she's low key, yet asks different questions.

I haven't seen Wendy for a long time. Is she still on? I wonder why I don't see her?

Give me some ideas people......

Honored Contributor

Meredith Vieira has a new talk show beginning in September. I have high hopes for that!

Honored Contributor

Thanks DiAnne, I'll look into that.

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow The View will be live. I think it's going to be awkward and I can't wait to hear what Whoopi will say!

Contributor

Just curious if anyone watched today and what was said?? I am at work and don't want to wait til I get home to watch DVR. Thanks!

Honored Contributor
I watched today. At first Jenny made a joke like it was a rumor and she and Sherri were staying. Then she said it was true. Jenny said she had something in the works, seemed like maybe another talk show. Sherri read from the TelePrompter because she knew she would cry which she did. Sherri said she knew back in April or May that she was leaving when her contract expired in August. She said she didn't say anything before because she didn't want to conflict with Barbara's retiring. Sherri didn't really say what was next for her. I can't believe someone wouldn't sign on for this show because it seems like a good gig. I think they were both given a way to save face by The View.