Valued Contributor

Re: The Resident-- addition of new person to show!

Shaunette Renée Wilson who plays Dr. Okafor, also played on the Showtime series "Billions" she played the same tyoe of personality,  good actress!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

That was a fun show with new surgeon character. Hasn't Warner been producing/directing more than acting? He did a great job. I'm annoyed with the new CEO and his doctor mistress. Power hungry. 

Did doctor who fell through the sky light jump or was he pushed? That wasn't clear to me. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I've enjoyed the show when I've rememberd to watch it but I can tell you that adding Warner is no big draw for me... I don't think this cast needed to be larger and, assuming the show needs one, don't see him as being any kind of shot in the arm at all...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I love this show too!  I watch all the medical shows (past & present), i.e. Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Med, The Good Doctor, etc.  Just a little tid bit about the Resident....it's filmed here in Atlanta where I live. In the first couple of episodes for the life of me I couldn't figure out what hospital they were using to film all the scenes.  "Chastain Memorial" is ficticious of course, but the name Chastain is real.  No hospital that I was aware of (have lived in Atlanta my whole life) is that ultra modern / all white / with the spiraling floor levels, etc., etc.  Finally figured out they film in the High Museum of Art, which is part of the Woodruff Arts Center (also home to the Alliance Theatre and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra).  So just thought I would share with you fans!!  Would be so cool to run into a cast member some day...

Valued Contributor

This show rocks.best show on t.v.feel sorry for the EX CEO of the hospital dr. bell took over.looks like she lost her t.v. job.

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

That was a fun show with new surgeon character. Hasn't Warner been producing/directing more than acting? He did a great job. I'm annoyed with the new CEO and his doctor mistress. Power hungry. 

Did doctor who fell through the sky light jump or was he pushed? That wasn't clear to me. 

He was absolutely not pushed. At the end, he said that he'd often stood at the edge and considered jumping (just not into the Skylight) to end the stress of being a resident. It came down to weather he passed because of the caffeine and fell or jumped. I might have missed something, but I felt like they left it intentionally ambiguous. He did not say he jumped, but said he'd often thought about it. But I did not hear him say he DID NOT jump, either and they did prove that the caffeine in his energy drink could have caused him to pass out..

Maybe someone else caught it if he did say he jumped.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I've enjoyed the show when I've rememberd to watch it but I can tell you that adding Warner is no big draw for me... I don't think this cast needed to be larger and, assuming the show needs one, don't see him as being any kind of shot in the arm at all...

@stevieb

I'm not so sure about him either. I can't tell if he's too over the top aggressive to truly be a valuable addition to the cast.  His character is most certainly highly unbelievable!  I know it's fiction, and I love the other characters, but he was almost too much.

It may be interesting with Dr. Okafor though--meaning their dynamics.  He's definitely a maverick.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

I'm not so sure about him either. I can't tell if he's too over the top aggressive to truly be a valuable addition to the cast.  His character is most certainly highly unbelievable!  I know it's fiction, and I love the other characters, but he was almost too much.

It may be interesting with Dr. Okafor though--meaning their dynamics.  He's definitely a maverick.

@winamac1 I guess I'm just so tired of those in 'the biz' assuming they know best, taking a show they consider to be 'faltering' and revamping it in a way that usually obfuscates the original premise, in the effort to ramp it up. It rarelly works. A show needs to either sink or swim on its merits. They did the same thing with Code Black and, as far as I'm concerned, it was better before they tinkered with it. Added to that, I've never been a Warner fan. I thought The Resident was fine as it was.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I think the dr. who went thru the skylight didn't really have it in his soul to be a dr., but was doing it to make his parents proud & to try & keep up with his sister who was a bigwig at the Cleveland Clinic.  His father didn't care what he did, as long as he was happy, but his mom wasn't like that.  It sounded like he'd had weightloss surgery & was doing all sorts of things to fit in & keep up with the pressure & it was catching up with him. All in an attempt to make his parents proud of him, like they were of his sister, but he just didn't have the apptitude for medicine & wasn't happy.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

@winamac1 I guess I'm just so tired of those in 'the biz' assuming they know best, taking a show they consider to be 'faltering' and revamping it in a way that usually obfuscates the original premise, in the effort to ramp it up. It rarelly works. A show needs to either sink or swim on its merits. They did the same thing with Code Black and, as far as I'm concerned, it was better before they tinkered with it. Added to that, I've never been a Warner fan. I thought The Resident was fine as it was.

I'd agree.  The Resident was fine without him!

@stevieb

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"