Honored Contributor

This is an eight episode series on AppleTV based on an unfinished Edith Wharton novel. It debuted in November 2023, I first got around to watching it. I feel it has similarities to Bridgerton, I've only seen one episode, I'm all in. 

Respected Contributor

I just finished watching it on Kanopy (thru my public library).   Loved it!

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't seen this newer version, did watch teh 1995 version with Mira Sorvino

Plot.  " The story revolves around five wealthy and ambitious American girls, their guardians, and the titled, landed, but impoverished Englishmen who marry them as the girls participate in the London Season "

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2, which series? The 1995 version or the newer one?

I've only seen the older one, & didn't much care for it.

I thought that some of the roles were dreadfully miscast, so it never clicked with me.

Hopefully the most recent Buccaneers is better?

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@Jordan2, which series? The 1995 version or the newer one?

I've only seen the older one, & didn't much care for it.

I thought that some of the roles were dreadfully miscast, so it never clicked with me.

Hopefully the most recent Buccaneers is better?

@sabatini this is a new series. Never having seen the older series I can't say which is better. You can always try the first episode and decide if it's worth your time. 

Honored Contributor

I just finished this today and liked it very much. I wonder if there will be a second season as they left the door open for it. 

Respected Contributor

I just started watching Tubi on my tablet.  Surprisingly, there are several shows/movies available similar to these historical dramas. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Buccaneers

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 @cindyNC 

I've watched the entire series several times.  It shows how American girls became the mistress of the big European houses!  

I loved it!

After that you want the Guilded Age by Masterpiece!