Honored Contributor

Have to admit I fast forwarded through a lot of this. For whatever reason this episode  just had no "spark" for me. I usually enjoy watching them shop but I skipped most of that as well.

No surprise as to the results. The losing chef never seemed to be a team player, to me. Hope they don't come back again from Last Chance Kitchen.

Spoiler
Kaleena was eliminated. Glad to see her go.

No idea why the font size changed. Sigh. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking this season is just lackluster. They need to replace Kristen, she has no personality to be the lead. If you notice, she rarely contributes when they are together. Gail and Tom do most of the talking with the guests.The person that went home will probably not be coming back. 

Hopefully, next year we will see a new lead person on Top Chef.

Honored Contributor

@elated Lackluster is the perfect word and Kristen is just a bore. And I've never seen any host or judge, even, to dress in such a dull, boring way.

She adds nothing to the show. Even tho the last 2 years I found Padma annoying, at least she had a good personality and didn't dress all in brown and black.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait until Laura gets told to pack her knives and go,

I do not like her after what she did during the supper club challenge with the budget.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter That was so bad. I'm amazed anyone wants to work with her now. Hope she goes soon.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids, we think alike! When I read @elated's use of "lackluster" I too thought it was a perfect description of this season & this episode in particular.

Restaurant Wars is usually a beehive of activity, & we're even shown what kind of vibe is created for the space. None of that was there, & neither of the restaurant concepts or menus sounded tempting.

I was really surprised by what a dud Michelle was as hostess, especially after she told us that she used to be a front of the house manager. It sure didn't look like that!

With her bubbly personality, I'd expected her to be terrific.

If the RWs challenge seemed like such a dud to us, it was probably tough to edit in a way to make it even marginally interesting.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini Michelle dropped the ball big time by not "touching the table" (a phrase I learned on this episode) very often and by NOT coming out to greet the judges.  In the past  I enjoyed Restaurant Wars but as I said I FF'd through so much and I usually enjoy watching them shop.

Respected Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF MAY 8

[ Edited ]

I think Kristen Kish is a great replacement for Padma. Like Padma,  she is knowlegable, experienced, well spoken, looks amazing on camera, carries fashion, and food-serious. Love her.

I like her supplemental series Dish with Kish too. She's a chef's chef.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Have to admit I fast forwarded through a lot of this. For whatever reason this episode  just had no "spark" for me. I usually enjoy watching them shop but I skipped most of that as well.

No surprise as to the results. The losing chef never seemed to be a team player, to me. Hope they don't come back again from Last Chance Kitchen.

Spoiler
Kaleena was eliminated. Glad to see her go.

No idea why the font size changed. Sigh. 

@Love my grandkids 

I agree with you!  I have really enjoyed all the past seasons but this one --- really boring!  I don't care for the new host.  I miss Padma - she was classy, well-spoken, and looked amazing -- not to mention she added a lot of spice and interest!  I did the same thing with this last show --- I fastforwarded through 3/4ths of the show.  The only one that I really like is the gentleman with the blue glasses who is a bit older and walks with a cane.  I admire his spirit and tenacity!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I was thinking this season is just lackluster. They need to replace Kristen, she has no personality to be the lead. If you notice, she rarely contributes when they are together. Gail and Tom do most of the talking with the guests.The person that went home will probably not be coming back. 

Hopefully, next year we will see a new lead person on Top Chef.

@elated 

Yes!  Kristen is just not getting it!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin