Trusted Contributor

Re: 🎥 Olivia de Havilland Fans 🎥

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Oh, such a great movie evening for me!  I watched Snake Pit, The Heiress and the one about the child given up for adoption....that was the best one.  Went to sleep after that.  All three were great.  I love Olivia De Havilland and her sister both although I heard they didn't get along.

Right now, I'm watching Hard To Get which isn't too good but watchable at 5:00 am.  Made in 1938, just before Gone With The Wind.

Hi Foxxie

I hope you had a nice vacation

Jessa
Respected Contributor

I've never seen either movie, and I'm sorry I missed both last night.  I'll try to watch them elsewhere.

I saw a recent pic of Olivia, and I think she looks lovely.  I didn't realize she had just turned 100.  Beautiful. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Hey there, @Jessa9!  We did!!  I was a lady of leisure for 7 whole days at Sandals in Jamaica.  I gained weight that I should have been losing, lol.  Thanks for asking, cyberfriend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I like celery, The Heiress is a must see.  Olivia's acting was so great.  She was an ugly duckling and Cliff Mongtomery fooled her into thinking he was in love with her.  Her father saw through him and refused to leave her an inheritance.  Montgomery dumped her when he found out there would be no windfall.  The father was not a nice man to Olivia because she wasn't beautiful like her mother had been.  In the beginning of the movie, you could feel her low self esteem in her voice and conduct.  As the movie progressed and she became aware of her father's lack of love for her and later Montgomery's lies to her, her voice and manner changed as she became bitter and strong willed.  It could have been on the radio and you could feel the change.  

The ending was very good, not a let down as in some movies.  I believe she won the academy award for best actress for it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Thank you for the added notes!  I want to see it even more now.  It sounds excellent.  Thanks very much.  Smiley Happy

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

Vacations are for fun and not watching calories.  I'm glad you had a good time Foxxie.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

Olivia De Havilland made some wonderful movies.  Snake Pit, The Heiress an To Each HIs Own are among her best.  Of course, she was sensational in Gone with the  Wind. I also love all of the movies she made with Errol Flynn.  Errol Flynn was under appreciated as an actor.  His Robin Hood is still the best one.

Honored Contributor

Her picture is in my magazines this week.  She's had plastic surgery but it looks good....she looks good.

Honored Contributor

When did she have a facelift??