Trusted Contributor

This is a fun movie for the senior set.  Cute story, well thought out, nobody died, no gore and only on well deserved drop of blood. 

Now I am looking forward to seeing “Norman” with Richard Gere, but it is only in limited release and not playing anywhere near me (and I live in a major metropolitan area).  I inquired at the theater because they had a poster up for it with today’s date and they had no idea if or when it was coming.  If anyone sees it, let me know what you think. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

This is a fun movie for the senior set.  Cute story, well thought out, nobody died, no gore and only on well deserved drop of blood. 

Now I am looking forward to seeing “Norman” with Richard Gere, but it is only in limited release and not playing anywhere near me (and I live in a major metropolitan area).  I inquired at the theater because they had a poster up for it with today’s date and they had no idea if or when it was coming.  If anyone sees it, let me know what you think. 

I took my mother to see it and we both enjoyed it very much!

Respected Contributor

When I saw the previews, I realized that it's a remake of the 1979 movie with the same name starring Art Carney, Lee Strasberg and George Burns. But there are so few movies without a lot of violence or profanity, I think it's worth seeing.

Trusted Contributor

@deeva

Thanks for sharing that tidbit with me.  I had no idea this was a remake of a precious movie…and I am waaaaaaay old enough to have seen the one you remember. I never went to movies much when I was younger – they always gave me headaches. Not that I was a kid in '79.  When I was little the whole family would pile into the station wagon and go to the drive-in on a regular basis. To save money on a sitter, I would have to go along, but always slept in the flat back section of the station wagon with a blanket over my head, I HATED going to the movies, so I am not very “up” on old movies. I just started going to movies when I retired...thankfully no headaches. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

When I saw the previews, I realized that it's a remake of the 1979 movie with the same name starring Art Carney, Lee Strasberg and George Burns. But there are so few movies without a lot of violence or profanity, I think it's worth seeing.

Yes, this one has the addition of Ann Margret to bring in a little romance.

Esteemed Contributor

We enjoyed the movie. 

I disagree that it's only for the senior set.  It's enjoyable for many. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust