Honored Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly to Take Savannah Guthrie's Place Next to Matt Lauer?

@Pqfan wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

If their rateings are down it is because of all the yelling and screaming that goes on outside and all  that loud  music .   Smiley Sad  Tooo early in the AM for noise!....  imo

I want just news in the morning and not a lot of screaming noise...............

I am a CBS fan and  MSNBC all day long.......  and sometimes on rare occ. ABC

@MalteseMomma I agree!

NBC tries to generate some phony excitement.

Everybody seems like they had 10 cups of coffee!

On the other hand I like CBS but I have fallen asleep watching it because it is so relaxing. Smiley Happy

I have no clue what ABC is doing lol

@Pqfan Somehow i don't think that's what CBS is trying to achieve in being more laid back!  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

If their rateings are down it is because of all the yelling and screaming that goes on outside and all  that loud  music .   Smiley Sad  Tooo early in the AM for noise!....  imo

I want just news in the morning and not a lot of screaming noise...............

I am a CBS fan and  MSNBC all day long.......  and sometimes on rare occ. ABC

@MalteseMomma I agree!

NBC tries to generate some phony excitement.

Everybody seems like they had 10 cups of coffee!

On the other hand I like CBS but I have fallen asleep watching it because it is so relaxing. Smiley Happy

I have no clue what ABC is doing lol

@Pqfan Somehow i don't think that's what CBS is trying to achieve in being more laid back!  LOL!

@Pearlee LOL!Smiley LOL

It happens to me all of the time with them especially when I watch on the weekends.

CBS is so peaceful even the bad news is delivery peacefully like they have to break it to me gently. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I watch very little of the Today show.  I don't like Matt Lauer at all.  I also don't care for Al Roker, and I hate when they do outside to pan all the screaming people in the street.

I do however, like Megyn Kelly.  So I may tune in to see her.

I think all those people are full of themselves and make way too much money.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I watch the CBS morning show with Charlie Rose because it's the only decent news show on the networks in the morning. To me, ABC is unwatchable with all the fake laughter and emphasis on entertainment. NBC keeps trying to imitate ABC, albeit unsuccessfully. So, to me, whoever sits in at 7am on NBC doesn't really matter.

Eee gad! I despise CBS morning show. Really, really dislike it immensely! They need to get rid of all three that are on in the morning and get a newer, fresher group of hosts. And why is Gayle King even on? She got the job just because she's Oprah's best friend!! Geez. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Tamron Hall left this week, and Megyn is taking over the 9:00 hour.  Savannah's contract was just renewed for five more years, which is longer than Megyn's contract is.  I don't believe she'll take Savannah's place.

I was correct in saying that Megyn Kelly is taking over the 9 am hr in my post then.  I agree w/you that she won't take over for Savannah! 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I don't think she is taking over for Savannah; however, I do love the thought just to picture Matt's reaction to that.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

I will stop watching the Today show.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

"Multiple sources tell Page Six that Kelly is likely to take the lead role on the NBC morning show with Lauer when she starts in September. Guthrie, who recently signed a new long-term deal with “Today,” could be bumped to another role or even take over Hall’s 9 a.m. slot, we’re told.

“NBC is not paying Megyn $12 to $15 million a year to be on at 9 a.m. The word is that Savannah could take the 9 a.m. slot and Megyn will go right in at 7 a.m."

http://pagesix.com/2017/02/02/megyn-kelly-expected-to-take-top-today-spot-alongside-lauer/?_ga=1.190...

I don't really know who this Megyn person is, I never watch Fox news, but I would be all for moving Savannah Guthrie to the 9 slot.  I think she would be better there.  I like her but she has never been a favorite of mine.  

People say Megyn has a harder edge or something like that, and I'd LOVE to see less fluff in the hours before 9 a.m.  They need more in depth interviews, authors and other intresting people and fewer celebrity junk.  THat's also where Matt Lauer's talent lies--in interviewing interesting people.

Respected Contributor

@mantaraye wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Oh -I LOVE IT - Matt Lauer is going to have to put up with her - he will be furious because he and Savannah really like each other - but, serves him right after the way he treated Ann Curry.  I wouldn't want to work for NBC the way they treat their employees.

It will be a battle of egos.

@mantaraye - 2 HUGE egos!

Respected Contributor

no.....i don't see mk with matt at all.  she would emasculate him and matt isn't going to stand for that.  regardless of anything, he has a lot of influence.  he and savannah are a very good match.