Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last night's Downtown Abbey -- spoilers possible

On another, but related note, for anyone interested, Julian Fellowes had a great role in a more modern story, Monarch of the Glenn. 

I watched it years ago, and recently watched it again.  It's a marvelous story that takes place in another castle. 

He's delightful on screen -- the kind of person you would want to know and be friends with.  Such a creative writer!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

I bought the DVD of Season 6 in Walmart last week....couldn't help myself, lol.  I think you will love the ending, that is all I will say.

But, I do hope and at the same time, wonder if Fellowes will revisit Downton Abbey in the future, perhaps in 3-4 years and gather the characters in a movie of some sorts.  Not another series, but just a movie to go back and let us know what they are doing. 

How do you feel about posting a complete spoiler here?

I am one of those people who does not mind and loves to know the outcome so I can focus on the story. 

If it's not against your grain, please let us know how it all ends.  Otherwise, I'll have to go buy the thing myself Woman LOL

Watching it all grind forward so slowly makes me anxious to get to the end. 

I know it is strange, but I have always wanted to know the outcome of things -- no surprises!

If you're going to post a complete spoiler, please use the Spoiler tag so that it will be hidden.  I enjoy reading this post but don't want to know how it all ends.  I did accidentally read another spoiler on this and found out how part of it ends.  I am sorry that I did.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't say how it ends....some will like it, some will not.  NICK NACK....I couldn't wait.  I just happened to be in Walmart and there it was.  Season 6.  Never before, that I remember, have they had it out BEFORE the season ended here.  They always had it out around April or May.  It got the best of me, lol.  I went back this week and in this particular store, they were all sold out....so, I guess I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand it and had to buy it, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

I bought the DVD of Season 6 in Walmart last week....couldn't help myself, lol.  I think you will love the ending, that is all I will say.

But, I do hope and at the same time, wonder if Fellowes will revisit Downton Abbey in the future, perhaps in 3-4 years and gather the characters in a movie of some sorts.  Not another series, but just a movie to go back and let us know what they are doing. 

How do you feel about posting a complete spoiler here?

I am one of those people who does not mind and loves to know the outcome so I can focus on the story. 

If it's not against your grain, please let us know how it all ends.  Otherwise, I'll have to go buy the thing myself Woman LOL

Watching it all grind forward so slowly makes me anxious to get to the end. 

I know it is strange, but I have always wanted to know the outcome of things -- no surprises!

If you're going to post a complete spoiler, please use the Spoiler tag so that it will be hidden.  I enjoy reading this post but don't want to know how it all ends.  I did accidentally read another spoiler on this and found out how part of it ends.  I am sorry that I did.

I won't do that.  I just said some will like the end.  Maybe not all, but I did.

Honored Contributor

I admit I'm one of the people who don't mind reading spoilers.

However, if you read the headline it does say, "RE: Last night's Downtown Abbey - spoilers possible.

I didn't see anything that said the ending, but it does say there are possible spoilers right in the heading.  Just being fair here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I admit I'm one of the people who don't mind reading spoilers.

However, if you read the headline it does say, "RE: Last night's Downtown Abbey - spoilers possible.

I didn't see anything that said the ending, but it does say there are possible spoilers right in the heading.  Just being fair here.

No,annabellethecat....you will not get any spoilers outta me, rotf...lol.  Either wait for episode 6, 7, 8 and 9 OR go to Walmart and buy the DVD.  But I ain't a gonna tell nobody,...nope, my lips are sealed or as Dame Maggie Smith says...."sometimes it's good to rule by fear", brahahahahahahah.... lol.  I am going to miss her mouth, ha ha.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden  I wasn't asking for a spoiler, I was just saying it does say there are possible spoilers.  I was being honest by saying I don't mind the spoilers.

I'm the one who wonders why people read about the shows when they haven't seen them yet but don't want to know what it happening.

I am a bit dim witted (is that how you say it)?  I'm kinda thick headed because I finally get it why some read the posts.  I do that even though I don't mind knowing what is going to happen.

I do it because it helps me know what to look for and to understand better what's going on.  So, I think I understand (somewhat) why people would read about a show and not want to know what was happening.  

However, (and I think this is because I'm such a rambler and big mouth, maybe) I can't see how you can discuss a show without talking about the most recent episode, thus disclosing some of the show?  How could you do that?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@shell garden  I wasn't asking for a spoiler, I was just saying it does say there are possible spoilers.  I was being honest by saying I don't mind the spoilers.

I'm the one who wonders why people read about the shows when they haven't seen them yet but don't want to know what it happening.

I am a bit dim witted (is that how you say it)?  I'm kinda thick headed because I finally get it why some read the posts.  I do that even though I don't mind knowing what is going to happen.

I do it because it helps me know what to look for and to understand better what's going on.  So, I think I understand (somewhat) why people would read about a show and not want to know what was happening.  

However, (and I think this is because I'm such a rambler and big mouth, maybe) I can't see how you can discuss a show without talking about the most recent episode, thus disclosing some of the show?  How could you do that?  

Annabelle, the world is made of many types of minds, and I think, for one, you have a brilliant one.  That said, everyone is going to view a show in a different way or want to "see or watch" it in a different way.  It is all good.  Now the question is, do you wait and see each episode as it is shown on PBS each Sunday night, or do you run your behind to Walmart tomorrow, get the dang DVD and plop down and watch it, ....lol, either way, it just depends on the person.  If you lived closed to me, I would just let you borrow it.  ((HUGS))

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

If it's spoilers you want, you can find a complete synopsis of each episode simply by googling season 6 with the episode number.  They were posted within minutes after they aired in England last fall.

Like others here, I've seen the rest of the episodes and enjoyed them.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th  Thanks!