Regular Contributor

Re: I've Tired of the Current "Jeopardy" Champion

@Janey2   You are entitled.  In my family we are divided on her.  I want her gone and my daughter likes her.  

Esteemed Contributor

We find her so annoying between that hand flapping and need to comment on everything she does.  She is very smart, but needs to keep quiet and stop with all the theatrics!!

There are a lot of people on Facebook who agree.  We can't wait until she is off the show.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched Jeopardy for a long time.  When they started their revolving door of hosts, that was enough for me.

Is Ken the host now?  Seems I read somewhere that he was.  I don't care for him, so guess I won't be watching it anymore for sure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not only tired of this flibbertigibbet, I don't like the things about her that others do. She's super annoying, with her wrist-flicking, the vocal uptick with every response, her clown faces, and the breathless incredulity when she's unsure of an answer and surprises herself.

More importantly, the contestants are not well-matched. With few exceptions, they could have placed a picture of each opponent at their respective podiums--that-s how [non-] competitive they've been. And if these contestants are ALL going to be kids, where are the computer nerd-types who often excel at these games?

Don't get me started, too, on the infusion of pop culture. Whoops. Too late! Not only does almost every round have TV, Movie, Actors, etc. as categories, but the "crossovers" are ridiculous, with even Science and Geography categories having the obligatory "...played by [so-and-so] in the movie ____"

If you tap into some of the fan pages on various platforms, many are tuning out, with some calling for a return of the 5-day limit for champs. I'm beginning to agree with that.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I like her, she seems relaxed, enjoying herself and has Ken enjoying the show too. They're getting through the entire categories, so her comments aren't interfering and using up time. I didn't like the other woman on tonight's show, 4/26. 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter   Nope you aren't the only one.  I have been tired of watching her most of the time she has been on.  The constant chattering and hand waving.  If you keep watching when the show is over during the credits, she is still chattering on and on.  One of her answers tonight was, "That thing they swing around in church".  That is not an answer.  The reason she answers so many questions is (I think) is because she is a tutor.  She should know a lot about many things.  I just wish she would go away.  I keep rooting for the other players. 

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I didn't like the other woman on tonight's show, 4/26. 

I didn't like her either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those that are super critical of Matthea should try to keep in mind that she is only 23 years old on national TV every day, and playing under pressure to do well.

She is also Canadian, not even playing in her home country.

If I put myself in this situation at the age of 23, I can't imagine what I might do that those watching would find incredibly annoying and say they didn't like me.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't mind the hand fapping. I do wish I didn't have to look at that nose ring. Nevertheless, it's great to watch an intelligent woman on a quiz show. I had the misfortune of watching Wheel of Fortune when contestants came up with the wrong answer repeatedly. As we used to say, "What dumb-bells!"

Honored Contributor

She irritates me and I just don't like her.    I stopped watching, I'll go back to watching when she's gone.