Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard anything about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's health?

On 10/19/2014 shesallthat said:

someone on another site said that she heard it was breast cancer surgery. a preventative mastectomy.

I bet that's right. On the view one time, she said she was contemplating it because of the strong family history. I'm not a fan of hers, but I do wish her well and hope she is in good health.

Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 colliegirls said:
On 10/20/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 10/19/2014 colliegirls said:
On 10/18/2014 Linders Back said:

I'm a bit leery when someone who advocates for a healthy diet and lifestyle suddenly is reported to have "mystery surgery".

On The View she talked incessantly about her Celiac disease and her gluten free diet.

Do you realize that if you have celiac and you do not follow a gluten free diet you can develop stomach cancer? It is a serious matter not some frivolous way to lose weight. I don't particularly care for Ms. Hasselbeck but can appreciate her incessant speaking on this disease.

Yes, I understand but there are other even more serious diseases that people have but do not go on and on about. It was always all about her, is my point.

You can say it ..... she was annoying beyond words !!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

You are so right, Tink, in more ways than one!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 10/20/2014 colliegirls said:
On 10/20/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 10/19/2014 colliegirls said:
On 10/18/2014 Linders Back said:

I'm a bit leery when someone who advocates for a healthy diet and lifestyle suddenly is reported to have "mystery surgery".

On The View she talked incessantly about her Celiac disease and her gluten free diet.

Do you realize that if you have celiac and you do not follow a gluten free diet you can develop stomach cancer? It is a serious matter not some frivolous way to lose weight. I don't particularly care for Ms. Hasselbeck but can appreciate her incessant speaking on this disease.

Yes, I understand but there are other even more serious diseases that people have but do not go on and on about. It was always all about her, is my point.

You can say it ..... she was annoying beyond words !!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wow how insensitive! Bully for you all for being in perfect health! What a shame you can't sympathize with those that don't have your perfect health and (gasp) talk about it! Shame on you all for such insensitive remarks about someone elses health!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

No matter how healthy anyone's lifestyle is they still can have health problems!! You don't have to like someone but WOW such awful comments some have made!!!

Esteemed Contributor

You are missing the point. Its not about health issues, most have them, its about her being all about her and acting as though she was an expert on EVERYTHING. I found her to be obnoxious, that is all.

Respected Contributor

Well when my DD was diagnosed with Celiac I became a self expert you have to since EVERYTHING contains wheat gluten it is not like you just stop eating bread. So good for her for putting it out there and educating those who may not understand.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Caravaggio, most people don't realize how difficult it is to put it out of your life. It's in so many things.

Honored Contributor

I saw her as doing a great service to many who have or may have and don't know it Celiac. After that diagnosis often things seem grim and doctors also often don't know enough to educate their patients on eating. By speaking so frequently about it many probably have found that they are not doomed to eating awful food and also found that many things they didn't realize have gluten.