Trusted Contributor

Re: Harry and Meaghan at NAACP Awards

@JamandBread wrote:
Charities don't "make" money. Archewell doesn't accept direct donations. Instead, they highlight various charities supporting various causes. You donate directly to those charities, not to Archewell. The $50k is tabloid spin for the haters.
Bethany Frankel is also awesome and does a ton of good. It doesn't have to be a competition
If the NAACP, a respected organization, choses to honor the Duke and Duchess, more.power to them.

They didn't choose them they're clients of Sunshine Sachs. Sunshine Sachs reps Harry and Meghan and sponsored the awards. I read Somewhere that H&M demanded to be paid in the low six figures to appear at these awards, or they weren't interested. That's humanitarian of them. 

Trusted Contributor

I can see that posters here don't think highly of the NAACP and their ability to pick honorees. There's got to be some conspiratorial reason for the NAACP to pick the Sussexes. It couldn't be that the NAACP chose to honor them for their charitable work on social justice. It's got to be some crappola you read in a tabloid.
It gets weirder by the day.
Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:
Charities don't "make" money. Archewell doesn't accept direct donations. Instead, they highlight various charities supporting various causes. You donate directly to those charities, not to Archewell. The $50k is tabloid spin for the haters.
Bethany Frankel is also awesome and does a ton of good. It doesn't have to be a competition
If the NAACP, a respected organization, choses to honor the Duke and Duchess, more.power to them.

They didn't choose them they're clients of Sunshine Sachs. Sunshine Sachs reps Harry and Meghan and sponsored the awards. I read Somewhere that H&M demanded to be paid in the low six figures to appear at these awards, or they weren't interested. That's humanitarian of them. 

@MG Chris   Source?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

I can't wait til she turns on Harry & accuses him of the same thing they accused the Royal Family of.

You know it's coming.

The question is when....

@BoopOMatic   THIS is what you can't wait for????

I do not know anything is coming as you predict.

Do you know what I cannot wait for?

A clean environment.

Good clean water for those who have none.

An end to conflict here and abroad.

Cures for MS and Parkinsons

Health care for all.

What a gossipy and mean-spirited remark.

No wonder you were one of the reasons I left the melly board.

Go ahead and report me, now.  I'm sure this will not last.

Honored Contributor

And btw:  I do not adore or worship H&M.  I have never bashed Bethany Frankyl, either.

I'm just not into predicting the worst for people, especially when they have children.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

I can't wait til she turns on Harry & accuses him of the same thing they accused the Royal Family of.

You know it's coming.

The question is when....

@BoopOMatic   THIS is what you can't wait for????

I do not know anything is coming as you predict.

Do you know what I cannot wait for?

A clean environment.

Good clean water for those who have none.

An end to conflict here and abroad.

Cures for MS and Parkinsons

Health care for all.

What a gossipy and mean-spirited remark.

No wonder you were one of the reasons I left the melly board.

Go ahead and report me, now.  I'm sure this will not last.

It's not mean spirited at all to lament people being accused of something they didn't do. It's really disgusting of H & M to bear false witness against his family; persons who not only did her no harm but have welcomed her into their family.

Trusted Contributor

It's hopeless @Cakers3, where this couple is concerned. I am sorry you quit mellg. It's so enjoyable there. I think I'll go now, so I'm not further goaded into this bash fest.
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
I can see that posters here don't think highly of the NAACP and their ability to pick honorees. There's got to be some conspiratorial reason for the NAACP to pick the Sussexes. It couldn't be that the NAACP chose to honor them for their charitable work on social justice. It's got to be some crappola you read in a tabloid.
It gets weirder by the day.

@JamandBread  I see posters here leap to assumptions, which are crappola based on nothing but their own imagination and prejudice.

It's no weirder than it has always been on the subject of the Sussexes. It's the same old, same old.  As if you know who has read what. Ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
It's hopeless @Cakers3, where this couple is concerned. I am sorry you quit mellg. It's so enjoyable there. I think I'll go now, so I'm not further goaded into this bash fest.

@JamandBread  Yes, they are incredibly tolerant there of some of the things you spout off to other posters.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@MG Chris   Source?

It was on Twitter a few days ago. I know you like them and that is fine. I hang on different boards and there are folks who dig into this stuff and poke holes in their stories and have the evidence to back it up. Now the rumor is going around that Spotify and Netflix want their $$ back and they are scrambling to come up with it before the lawsuits start. If they get sued I guess those rumors are true.

I used to think Harry was as cute as a button and always felt sorry for him being the third wheel and hoped Megan (whom I had never heard of before H) was going to be his fairy tale but I quickly found out they both are a couple of losers.