Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry and Meaghan at NAACP Awards

[ Edited ]

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

I can't wait til she turns on Harry & accuses him of the same thing they accused the Royal Family of.

You know it's coming.

The question is when....

@BoopOMatic   THIS is what you can't wait for????

I do not know anything is coming as you predict.

Do you know what I cannot wait for?

A clean environment.

Good clean water for those who have none.

An end to conflict here and abroad.

Cures for MS and Parkinsons

Health care for all.

What a gossipy and mean-spirited remark.

No wonder you were one of the reasons I left the melly board.

Go ahead and report me, now.  I'm sure this will not last.

It's not mean spirited at all to lament people being accused of something they didn't do. It's really disgusting of H & M to bear false witness against his family; persons who not only did her no harm but have welcomed her into their family.

I'm with you @BoopOMatic only time will tell. You know what they say about Karma.

As for @Cakers3  We aren't talking about solving the worlds problems here. We are talking about Meghan and Harry. People can do both.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
It's hopeless @Cakers3, where this couple is concerned. I am sorry you quit mellg. It's so enjoyable there. I think I'll go now, so I'm not further goaded into this bash fest.

@JamandBread   Women still wonder, even in 2022, why we are still looked at as gossipy old hens, without merit, without anything else to contribute in this world.

I am also done with this thread.

@gertrudecloset   Sorry your thread turned sour.    *sigh*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:
Charities don't "make" money. Archewell doesn't accept direct donations. Instead, they highlight various charities supporting various causes. You donate directly to those charities, not to Archewell. The $50k is tabloid spin for the haters.
Bethany Frankel is also awesome and does a ton of good. It doesn't have to be a competition
If the NAACP, a respected organization, choses to honor the Duke and Duchess, more.power to them.

They didn't choose them they're clients of Sunshine Sachs. Sunshine Sachs reps Harry and Meghan and sponsored the awards. I read Somewhere that H&M demanded to be paid in the low six figures to appear at these awards, or they weren't interested. That's humanitarian of them. 

@MG Chris   Source?

It was on Twitter a few days ago. .

Twitter is now considered a verifiable source of the truth?  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

A Tweet speculating that H&M paid to receive the award.  Take your pick of Twitter Truths.

"How much did they 'donate' to NAACP to get this award?" another Twitter user suggested.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wasn't going to suggest they paid for the award, but it is an interesting concept. I was going to suggest, though, their publicist must have worked overtime to land it for them, putting them back in the headlines, however briefly one hopes... 

I would also question the conclusion some have drawn as to how happy these two are. Seems as though they're always finding something to whine about...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

mspatmac wrote:

Recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet.  Meghan looked absolutely gorgeous, loved the dress and the color.  Such a happy couple. 

Nanny, baby sitter, mother, I'm sure the kids are well taken care of. 

Mother did not baby sit..

Harpers Bazaar: Duchess Meghan wore a sapphire-blue, goddess-style dress by Christopher John Rogers, which featured a knee-high slit and a baby-blue sash that extended to a train, while Prince Harry donned a black tuxedo by Ozwald Boateng.

prince harry meghan markle naacp image awards 2022

Prince Harry, Duchess Meghan, and Doria Ragland pose with host Anthony Anderson and his mother Doris Hancox.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:
Charities don't "make" money. Archewell doesn't accept direct donations. Instead, they highlight various charities supporting various causes. You donate directly to those charities, not to Archewell. The $50k is tabloid spin for the haters.
Bethany Frankel is also awesome and does a ton of good. It doesn't have to be a competition
If the NAACP, a respected organization, choses to honor the Duke and Duchess, more.power to them.

They didn't choose them they're clients of Sunshine Sachs. Sunshine Sachs reps Harry and Meghan and sponsored the awards. I read Somewhere that H&M demanded to be paid in the low six figures to appear at these awards, or they weren't interested. That's humanitarian of them. 

@MG Chris   Source?

It was on Twitter a few days ago. .

Twitter is now considered a verifiable source of the truth?  Smiley LOL

OMG I had no idea Twitter was not a valid news source. Thank you so much for pointing this out. My life will never be the same and my beliefs are beyond crushed they may not be based in true facts.

Esteemed Contributor

It was just a matter of time before the mean spirited "opinions" made their way onto a simple thread.

Now the NAACP is suspect.

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:
mspatmac wrote:

Recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet.  Meghan looked absolutely gorgeous, loved the dress and the color.  Such a happy couple. 

Nanny, baby sitter, mother, I'm sure the kids are well taken care of. 

Mother did not baby sit..

Harpers Bazaar: Duchess Meghan wore a sapphire-blue, goddess-style dress by Christopher John Rogers, which featured a knee-high slit and a baby-blue sash that extended to a train, while Prince Harry donned a black tuxedo by Ozwald Boateng.

prince harry meghan markle naacp image awards 2022

Prince Harry, Duchess Meghan, and Doria Ragland pose with host Anthony Anderson and his mother Doris Hancox.

I didn't see the show, but love watching Anthony Anderson and his mom on To Tell the Truth.  Meghan's mom looks beautiful.  She could easily pass for Meghan's sister in that photo!

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

It was just a matter of time before the mean spirited "opinions" made their way onto a simple thread.

Now the NAACP is suspect.

@qbetzforreal - Yep!  No good deed goes unpunished.